Monday, December 06, 2004

More on the miscarriage...

I can now post a little more coherently about what happened.

Apparently what happened was that everything stopped developing at seven weeks...the placenta was there, the sac was there, but there was no fetus. It just fertilized, implanted and then didn't grow. And it took my body a few weeks to realize what was going on.

Right now the biggest focus is completing the miscarriage. I'm bleeding very heavily, and my doctor is very concerned that I won't be able to complete the miscarriage on my own. The thought of my doctor scraping my uterus out really isn't an attractive one, so I opted for drugs. She gave me something to help progress the miscarriage along and expel the rest of the clots and tissues...if that doesn't work, I'll have to have a d&c. And Vicodin for the pain since I can't take Advil.

Then, I have to wait two months before trying to get pregnant again. Once I feel up to it, I'm getting right back to the gym and right back on my diet that I was on pre-pregnancy. I'd like to take off the ten pounds that I put on during the last two months for sure, so I am totally ready again for when I get pregnant.

I'm really handling this okay for now, but I'm sure the shock hasn't quite set in yet. My husband told me I'm such a trooper. I'm sure it'll take some time, but I'll get through it. It was just God's way of taking care of business.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Elfinlady said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. :( I hope your body can finish things on it's own without having to be scraped. I'll be thinking of you.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

More hugs from me.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Erica, I am so sorry to hear about this. {{Erica}} Let me know if you need anything. Take care of yourself. --Kari

5:31 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Erica, I have been thinking of you all day. More Hugs to you and lots of good thoughts and prayers for you.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Erica, I am so desperately sorry. I share this experience with you, so if you need to talk feel free to e-mail me.

Stacey

8:28 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Erica, I am so very very sorry. :( I miscarried at seven weeks before DD#3. What you discribed was exactly the same with me except my body reacted sooner. I was given the option of drugs or a d&c but I just wanted to get it over with and opted for the op. I conceived 2 months later with DD#3 who will be 5 in February. I know how desparetely sad you feel now but I promise it will get better, even though you can't imagine it now. ((((hugs)))) and take care.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home