Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Only three days and I reached the end of my rope!

To be honest, I was a little surprised. I thought I'd last at least a week before I broke down in tears because of work. It sure didn't take long. I don't even know what happened...if it was getting yelled at for the umpteenth time by one of C's people, the fact that it was 4 pm and I hadn't showered yet, or having to turn down one of the supervisors at work for a fire just because I couldn't do it, but finally around 5 pm, the tears started to roll. The icing on the cake was when I realized that one of the estimates that C was working on before she left was not quite as done as she led me to believe. Not even close.

So I cried for an hour on and off. I had to call her twice for other things, and finally just let it loose, and she knew without a doubt how upset I am. I hated to tell her, but she has to know that she has created this situation for me! And one things I have learned...it's probably not a good idea for us to partner up on fires anymore. She can have her fires, and I'll have mine. Period.

Anyway, the best thing about today is that I now own my first piece of baby furniture. Sharon sold me her maple dresser! Thank YOU, Sharon!



I am so stoked. We are going to strip it, paint it white (or whitewash it if we can figure out how) and put these handles on it. P wants to check out Home Depot, but I have my heart set on those seahorses and fish pulls.

Not much else to report, I guess. I was thinking about stitching, but now I think I'm just going to go crawl in bed early and catch some shut-eye. I'm very tired, and I have a long day tomorrow filled with super-fun meetings and other nefarious tasks. I don't know what nefarious means, but I like the sound of it. One thing for sure...I want to put this day behind me. My eyes are very puffy from crying so much. I just want to get through this!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Look after yourself Erica and I hope work eases up soon. The health of you and your baby are the most important thing right now. I hope your bosses know how much work you are having to do and they can find a solution to help you out.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

No words of wisdom here, Erica but lots of HUGS and good thoughts from me. It is easy for me to say "don't sweat the small stuff" but it is hard to do. Most important is to take care of yourself and the baby. The work will get done. If you need to cry, vent, whatever, just do it.

On a bright note, I love the dresser. If you want tips on whitewashing, you can get pamphlets in the paint section at Home Depot or Lowes. Sometimes you may even get the person behind the counter who knows what they are talking about. LOL

6:32 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

(((Erica))) I really hope work gets better for you soon. People need to realize that you can't be the one doing everything around there!

I love the drawers pulls you've chosen. I think they'll look great in your child's room!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Thermalgal said...

I love the little handles, it'll look awesome when it is finished.

I'm sorry your work is so stressfull right now. But keep in mind that you are now sharing that rope, so you will probably reach the end of it faster now. I think what happened with everything you mentioned, throw exhaustion due to your pregnancy and a generous helping of flaring baby hormones and you get tears.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Aw *hugs* sorry work is so bad this week!

I love the dresser and the knobs are the BEST! They are absolutely too cute!

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dresser is absolutely beautiful. I'm sure it will be perfect for your new baby room!

I'm really sorry about your job. Sometimes even best jobs suck when you're pg. Try to relax as much as you can, even though it's easier said than done.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home