Monday, November 29, 2004

I will survive!

I did survive my first day back at work.

Granted, it was JUST as ugly as I anticipated it would be, I got yelled at a few times, I was almost tearing my hair out by the roots by 9:30 am, but I did survive, and only worked a twelve hour day.

Only. *sigh*

Queenie was sick as a dog, so I know she was none too thrilled to be back either. I asked her if she had a nice Thanksgiving, and her answer was quick and to the point: "No." It's not much fun to be sick.

Anyway, I was out in the field today, I'm out in the field tomorrow, it feels like Antarctica outside, and we have a cold front coming in tomorrow night which is going to send temps into the teens on Wednesday. I am NOT leaving my house that day, I don't care what happens!

I realized that my fire jeans only have maybe a week or two left, if that, before I need to borrow some of P's for fires. Oh, the joys of a thickening waist.

Let's see...other gems today...well, I heard that my favorite local cross stitch store is closing at the end of the year, so that's always nice to hear. Not. I have a new friend on my cheek courtesy of my raging hormones. I couldn't find my fax phone cord this morning when I first woke up and tore apart the house looking for it. It started to storm right when I was walking the dogs this morning and I got soaked to the bone. Oh, and P didn't go to the store like I asked him to this afternoon, so guess where I'm going in about two minutes? We have no milk. No cereal. No food. No dryer sheets. No mousse. How can I live without such necessary items in life?

Ugh. I'm such a grump.

I will survive!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cap'n Crunch was one of my pregnancy staples. Stasha

12:03 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

I wondered about Dallas after going through all of that storming and flooding in Houston.

Sorry to hear that your first day was a bear, I hope your week gets better!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

So sorry your first day was so awful! Quite a shock from Sunny Florida! Stay Warm!!!

Tell "P" to get with the program. You need to eat!!!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh, sorry your first day at work was such an unpleasant one! Work can really suck, especially when aou're pregnant. I ended takin 4 weeks sick leave, bacuse I couldn't cope with all the stress and yelling and one point and started cramping badly, so take it easy.

And make P. spoil you, you deserve it!

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home