Sunday, November 28, 2004

Home sweet home

And I'm only light my can of mousse and a box of herbal tea that I brought with me to my grandma's house. Somehow I managed to forget to pack both of those items. But it's all good...I got EVERYTHING else in my suitcases, which was an amazing feat considering that I increased my stash to bring home by quite a few things. In addition to the stuff that I bought, I also acquired the following:

-I Already Know I Love You, a children's book written by Billy Crystal and a gift from Grandpa
-a bathrobe and a framed 5x7 photo from my grandmother
-a sleep machine and baby CD from my friend E who I went to visit in Gainesville
-a huge monster piece of German chocolate cake from my grandmother
-a baby SeaWorld hat with fish on it...too adorable
-a pregnancy book written by my aunt, the dietician

The trip was good, but I am very glad to be home. My dogs were ecstatic to see me, and it was just wonderful to sleep in my own bed and have some time to myself. I already unpacked everything, laundry is already going in the washer this morning, and I plan to take it easy today and just do laundry around the house and get mentally ready for the week ahead.

Which, I'm afraid, is going to be really ugly. I came back and heard that we had lots of storms while I was gone. I'm going to be busier at work than a one-armed coat hanger.

I had a question to describe my Canadian lunch at Epcot. Please remember that probably most food at Epcot in the countries is twisted by Americans to be tasty so the average American will eat it, so I'm not sure how Canadian it was, but it was pretty good. I had a prime rib sandwich with au jus and French fries. For an appetizer, they brought bread sticks...sourdough, pretzel and multigrain...with butter.

I got a funny email from a friend of mine in North Carolina, S, and rather than forwarding it to everyone, I thought it would be more interesting to just share it in my blog.

You know you're out of college when...

1. Your salary is less than your tuition.
2. Your potted plants stay alive.
3. Sleeping in twin-sized beds seems absurd in any occasion.
4. You keep more food than beer in the fridge.
5. You have to pay your own credit card bill, and you actually pay it
too!
6. You haven't seen a soap opera in over a year.
7. 8:00am is not early.
8. You have to file your own taxes.
9. You hear your favorite song on the elevator at work.
10. You don't get carded anymore.
11. You carry an umbrella.
12. You learn that "bachelor" is a nicer term for JACKA**.
13. "Extended childhood" only really pertained to your salary, which
is a little less than your allowance used to be.
14. "Twenty-something" means over-qualified, under-paid and not
married.
15. Your friends marry instead of hook-up and divorce instead of
break-up.
16. You start watching the Weather Channel.
17. Jeans and baseball caps aren't staples in your wardrobe.
18. You can no longer do shots and smoking gives you a sinus attack.
19. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 7.
20. You stop confusing 401K plan with 10K run.
21. You go to parties that the police don't raid.
22. Adults feel comfortable telling jokes about sex in front of you.
23. You remember EVERYBODY'S name you've been with.
24. Your car insurance goes down.
25. You refer to college students as kids.
26. You drink wine, scotch and martinis instead of beer, bourbon,
Everclear and rum.
27. The beer you DO drink doesn't have to be what's on sale.
28. Your parents start making casual remarks about grandchildren.
29. You feed your dog Science Diet instead of Taco Bell.
30. You're on the computer more than you are on the telephone.
31. You no longer go out for something to eat in Pajama Pants and
your sorority/fraternity/college sweatshirt.
32. "The Walk of Shame" is now that long walk from the boss' office
back to your cubicle.
33. You're actually glad to hear to hear those two words you hated
for 4 years - "LAST CALL!"
34. When you drink at a party, it is out of a glass and not out of a
red plastic cup.
35. Everclear in Jell-O just doesn't sound so appealing anymore.
36. When you attend a party, the main drink is not served out of a
huge plastic garbage can.
37. You find that brief cases are more acceptable than the once
staple backpack.
38. You have eliminated most alcoholic drinks out of your repertoire
due to the fact that some bad experience was had on every one of them.
39. The only times you see your jeans and T-shirts is Friday thru
Sunday.
40. The friends you're making now just don't seem to measure up...
41. You don't go to the gym drunk anymore
42. You don't go to the grocery store drunk anymore
43. You actually wouldn't mind living with your parents again, but
they don't want you there.
44. People point at you when you go to a club.
45. You actually get up when your alarm goes off.
46. When you DO go out and drink, half of your sentences begin with:
Back in college... "
47. You don't know what time Wendy's closes anymore.
48. If you see the sunrise without sleeping, you cry.
49. It's a struggle to stay awake past 10 P.M.

Yeah. I thought it was funny!


Only one meme today. I'm so behind on my memes. I'm just going to start over with today's and see how much better I can do, but I don't have high hopes that I'm going to be blogging much this week. Tomorrow, 8:00 am, the whirlwind begins to spin.

My Sunday Brunch...which I posted last night as my eyes were closing.

1) Do you enjoy shopping at the mall? Yes.
2) What is your favorite mall food? I have three...Sbarro's pizza, Cinnabons and my latest and newest fav, soft pretzels from Auntie Anne's.
3) What are your three favorite “mall” stores? Victoria's Secret, Godiva and Dooney and Bourke.
4) What is your favorite mall? Here in Dallas, my favorite mall is Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. It has all the usual stores and it is very nice.
5) Do you have one special person that you enjoy going to the mall with the most? My best friend S in North Carolina...she and I have been malling since we were thirteen!

That's it for today. I'm off to do laundry and be a couch potato!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home