Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy New Year

AS IF the month of December could get any worse, my laptop chose TODAY to break down. Being that this is my fifth laptop since I've been employed with my company, my first instinct was to panic and start making panicky teary phone calls to my help desk, Dell, my boss and our operations manager...but after a couple of hours on the phone with Dell's tech support, I finally figured out that it is a worn out memory, worn out motherboard, and probably my ac adaptor that is going on the fritz, although I seriously doubt that last one. So...I am without my laptop this weekend...and it will not be fixed until Tuesday, which means until then I am STUCK on my husband's desktop which I hate! At least the lack of my laptop means I have no excuse not to stitch and work out!

This week has been extremely busy with work as usual, I've worked out a few times to the moaning and groaning of my muscles, and I think I've lost a few pounds of water, not that you can tell by the way my jeans are fitting. *sigh* I don't know what I expected...it takes several weeks before everything starts running smoothly and the weight starts coming off, right?

Anyway. I'm going to write more tomorrow...but right now I'm exhausted and ready for sleep. It's been a trying day with lots of tears. I just pray that the over-the-phone diagnosis was correct...and I didn't lose my hard drive. I really need to start making a habit of backing up my data on my laptop every week on CDs.

Happy New Year to all and best wishes for a great 2005!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Happy New Year, Erica!!! I hope it is a happy and healthy one for you!!! I also hope your laptop is better soon. :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger ...just-rambling... said...

Hope the New Year brings you many reasons to celebrate, and a working laptop too!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Happy New Year Erica! I hope 2005 doesn't continue the way it appears to have started out. Good luck with getting your laptop fixed/replaced.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful and spectacular 2005, Erica!! --Kari

6:26 AM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Maybe this is your one big glitch for the year? Well, one can hope. Best wishes to you for 2005! I hope it is everything you want it to be.

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home