Sunday, January 30, 2005

The Good Egg

My temperature spiked this morning, which I guess means that my egg dropped yesterday. *shrug* Too bad it was wasted.

I had my follow-up appointment on Friday with my doctor, and despite my bribery attempts to get her to let us start trying THIS cycle, she wants me to wait one more. So, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of Aunt Flo yet again. I am venturing to guess at the very latest, it should show up about sixteen days from now, which would put us around Valentine's Day. Ye-ha.

Overall, my doctor said I look very good and everything looks normal, although my uterus is slightly enlarged, so I am going back in about two weeks for a follow-up sonogram to see if there is any problem. Which, she is sure, there is not.

I don't know. I'm just along for the ride.

The doctor's appointment otherwise was fine. I was able to be IN the same room with pregnant women with no tears rolling. I didn't relive the whole miscarriage over again just by being in the office. Both good things.

The only bad thing that happened was when the nurse walked me into the room after weighing me and after asking how I was, to which I answered quite chipperly, "fine", she proclaimed that "Everything happens for the best and for its own reason."

Okay, I've made my feeling on that statement quite clear. I just looked at her and said, "Have YOU ever had a miscarriage?" She got very quiet after I said that.

Moral of the story, and my tip to everyone out there...if you don't know what to say to someone when they have had a miscarriage, the best course of action is to say NOTHING!

Enough of that. Nothing much else has happened this week since my pseudo-sick day. I have worked my little tail off and then some, I went to a Mary Kay party Saturday and scored some great stuff, and spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with my hubby. No stitching, if you can believe it!! Now I'm sitting here on my bed, getting ready to paint my nails, wondering why Moira is scratching furiously at the door of my closet, and watching Shrek 2. I have a very early morning tomorrow, so I'm going to hit the sack a little early and see if I can get a head start on my shut eye for the week. Tomorrow is my FIRST FIELD DAY alone in I don't even know how long and to be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

And it's a short week! Thursday I am flying to Charlotte to see my best friend S who I haven't seen in years for a great girl weekend. The next three nights will be filled with laundry and getting packed up for the weekend.

Wish I had more to report, but I just don't. We bought two sets of Grandwood blinds for our living room tonight from Home Depot, and I bought a couple of inexpensive sterling silver costume jewelry rings this weekend from Target. That's about the extent of the excitement today. More later!


Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Glad to hear that this appointment wasn't as difficult as the one before. {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

2:07 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey Erica,

I came to check out what was up with you (haven't seen you on the boards) and figured out the latest with you. However, I'm glad your latest appointment was a little better for you.

we miss you on Slimstitchers! Sending good thoughts your way!

Oh yeah, I don't think I ever thanked you for all of the advice you gave me last year with our puppy! He is of course a smart, trained, and well-adjusted grown up dog now. Just as sweet as can be!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Stitchie Kiwi said...

((hugs)) Erica ... the waiting must be hard. But I think it's worth it - I got pregnant straight after a miscarriage, Josh is lovely but he was born very small and has had little problems through out life (he's 10yo now) ... and I often wonder if it's because my body just wasn't ready to give that much to another little being.

Hang in there, it is really hard ... but I for one am thinking good thoughts for you :)

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that your footing is becoming more even.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home