Sunday, January 23, 2005

Open Water

I watched Open Water tonight.

If anyone has not seen that movie, be warned...it'll scare the crap out of you. It basically is a movie about a couple who goes diving in the Carribbean on vacation, gets left behind by their boat, and then basically sits out in the open water in the ocean for about twelve hours while sharks circle around them.

Let me preface this by stating that I am deathly afraid of sharks. I think I watched Jaws at too young of an age. I actually had dreams of sharks in our pool when I was a kid and one night, even dreamed that I saw a shark fin in our carpet. Then there was Jaws 2, Jaws 3, Jaws: The Revenge, and then that recent shark movie, Deep Blue Sea.

Then you add in all the OTHER movies with things in the water that eat people, like Anaconda, Lake Placid, and it basically makes me never ever want to go in the water again. I've never really been keen on swimming in non-chlorinated water to begin with. I don't like not knowing what's below me. I don't like not being able to see down below where I am, and even if I could, would that make it better? I don't think so. It's just freaking creepy!

When P and I went to Cancun a few years ago, we went snorkeling, and after we spied some barracudas about forty feet away, that was the end of that.

And after I saw THIS little gem of a movie tonight, uh...well...I don't think there are any scuba diving trips to Grand Cayman in my future. No, thank you.

I know it's been nearly a week since I blogged, and it's really just because I have nothing to say. Nothing new to report. I've worked an insane amount of hours yet again this past week. The man that hates me (the a$$ that threw me out of his house) has now siced his wife on me, and the email war is continuing. I'm waiting very patiently for my new company car to come in. I'm stitching up a storm as usual...I worked on Guardian for almost seven hours today! My face is breaking out like I'm thirteen years old. I'm anxiously counting the days until I get my period again and P and I can start trying to get pregnant. I'm not eating great, but not eating bad...no time to work out this week although I did get on the treadmill Monday night for a while.

The one ray of sunshine in my life right now is that my best bud, S, found a fare to Charlotte for $176, so I'm going to spend the first weekend in February at her condo! I can't wait! It's been over three years since I saw her, and I really am looking forward to it. A weekend with my nearest and dearest will really do my soul some good.

Welp...I guess that's it, folks. Sorry I don't have more exciting news...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home