Monday, January 24, 2005

Good morning, Rip Van Winkle

I called in sick this morning, and thankfully, I got Queenie's voice mail so I didn't have to lie to her face. But it wasn't a complete lie...I did feel pretty poorly at 8 am this morning when I called in, and P said I sounded sufficiently pathetic on the phone. And THEN, I went back to sleep and slept in until 12:30. Granted, I stayed up until almost four, so that's only just under nine hours of sleep, nothing crazy, but I feel like I have slept the entire day away and if I had wanted to, I'm sure I could have gone back to bed for several more hours. But, I admit, it's mostly sick-of-work-itis. I don't call in sick very often, but every now and then I just need a day off.

Not much to report so far this morning. I'm having a problem with my Dooney bag...the first one I bought. I noticed back in September that the straps were starting to look cracked and dirty, a problem that I thought was the result of carrying the bag during the day when I went to fires, but I cleaned the handles yesterday with saddle soap and it is obvious that the handles are defective or something. Fortunately, the cool thing about Dooney and Bourke is that they offer a no questions asked guarantee on their bags for one year from the date of purchase, and my purses are the ONLY things that I keep the receipts on. I already emailed Dooney and they said that they will take a look at the bag if I will ship it to them, and reimburse me for the shipping if it is deemed to be a product defect. So we'll see. I'm not exactly thrilled with sending a $155 purse through the mail, but if I want it fixed, it seems I have no other options. I'm going to send it through UPS so I have a record of it, and we'll see what the alternative is. I think they should just replace the handles, but apparently if they deem it is not cost-effective to repair the bag, they will just replace it. I can't imagine in a million years that my bag would not be repairable, but we'll see.

I guess I'll get going now and walk the dogs and get my "sick day" started. P called in sick too and he's been doing nothing this morning so far but playing his new Playstation 2 basketball game that he got for like $20 at Target. Guys are so easily amused.

Later, tators.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

Wow, we both played hookey on the say day, we must be psychically linked.

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home