Monday, January 24, 2005

My first finish of 2005!

As promised, here is my first 2005 finish! This is Friends, by Terrence Nolan of Dimples Design, and even though it is gorgeous, it is the worst leaflet I have ever stitched from! This took 22.5 hours and is stitched on 32 ct. distressed vintage linen. I started it in 2001.



Very sparkly and pretty after I added all the beads and things. SKH stands for the initials of my bestest friend, S, whom I'm going to have the pleasure of visiting weekend after next!

Note: I stitched this for my house in honor of my friendship with S. I needed to clarify that!

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to put in its place in my rotation, but it'll be one of my small projects from my hatbox. And I stand corrected...I finished two projects in 2004! Crystal Heart by Nan Caldera and a wizard bookmark by Cross My Heart.

I'll get this put up on my website as soon as Verizon decides to cooperate! Grrr.

8 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

That looks really fantastic, Erica! Congrats on your HD! I know what you mean about bad leaflets...I love the look of Lorri Birmingham's designs but have vowed never to do another one. I also had a bad experience with a Stoney Creek chart.

LOL, it's been hard to keep up with all of your posts today!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Congratulations on your happy dance! It's very nice!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Erica, that is beautiful. CONGRATS on the finish. I am sure your friend S is going to cherish this. I love how sparkly it is.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

That's beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love it. Sorry to hear you had so much trouble with the chart. Congratulations! :D

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is very pretty!! -- Kari

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!!! It's so cool and it's in CHINESE!!! Believe it or not I actually recognized the character from my Chinese class (we just learned that one last night so don't be too impressed) So so cool! I can't wait for you to get out here to play with me!

Shannie

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

looks great Erica!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

It's gorgeous, Erica! I'm jealous that you have a HD already. None for me yet, but not for lack of trying!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home