Monday, February 07, 2005

I'm back from Charlotte!

And what a fun trip it was. I did lots of girly stuff...got a French manicure AND a pedicure, shopped, watched movies and drank lots of girly frou-frou drinks with my friends, cooked, played with my friends' dogs, went to the mall, went to the bookstore, and visited my friend's parents. It was SO great to visit my best bud S.

I even read some books. My friend S loaned me a copy of Dan Brown's Deception Point, and I was totally hooked. I finished it in two days and immediately bought Digital Fortress and borrowed Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code from S to read. I also bought a copy of The Horse Whisperer. I may never stitch again!

The only bad thing that happened was that I just about had a full-blown panic attack when I was driving in my old hometown. I was so freaked out that I might pass my mom in the car and she would realize that I came all the way to North Carolina and didn't stop by to visit her. So childish and ridiculous.

Oh, and I'm retaining water like it's the middle of the desert in August. I ate a lot of sodium-laden foods this weekend, such as spaghetti, Japanese hibachi, pizza, cheesecake, Indian buffet, a cheeseburger...and you can see it in the puffiness in my face and around my midsection. I have a gallon of iced tea brewing as we speak to take care of that. I think the bad foods combined with all the alcohol I drank Saturday night and the traveling plus the fact that I was on DayQuil or Nyquil almost the whole weekend has just wreaked havoc on my poor body. At least I remembered to take my prenatals most of the time and take my temperature every morning!And today, I'm in that weight room if it kills me. P made a comment today that just about destroyed me when I got in the car at the airport. He suggested that maybe it would be good if we didn't get pregnant right away so it would give me a chance to lose some weight. Yes, a comment that he regretted immediately. I started to cry immediately. What a welcoming present! He felt like a heel immediately. Granted, I know that I have gained weight since the miscarriage, but for him to point it out to me like that really stung. Truth hurts, unfortunately. But I don't want to put off trying to conceive, unless the doctor feels like we should.

The rest of the day today I plan on spending cleaning the house and unpacking, and then I'm going to work out in a bit (I really will) and go get P at work, although after the thoughtless comment this morning he deserves to stay there. He really hurt my feelings.

Anyway, I'm back home safe and sound!

3 Comments:

Blogger WhizGidget said...

I'm glad you had a good trip!!!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

Erica, I'm glad you had a good visit with your friend this weekend!! Sometimes a couple of days away from home makes such a difference.

Hmmm, maybe make P sweat it a little bit today...be a few minutes late when you to pick him up! LOL!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Welcome back Erica! I'm so glad you had a good time - you deserved it. Don't let P get you down. Men can't help being men (insert rolling eyes). Getting in the gym will make you feel better. I have to go do that myself...

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home