Thursday, February 17, 2005

Fertile Myrtle

I had my ultrasound on Tuesday, and it was a huge success. My uterus is the perfect size, my ovaries are alive and well, my endometrium (aka the uterine lining) is nice and thin, and the tech EVEN saw about ten follicles just sitting there with eggs in them.

So of course now P has it in his mind that he wants twins. Yikes!

Anyway, it was a great relief to me to hear that everything is a-okay. The tech said it was like I was never pregnant, never had a miscarriage. Just like it never happened.

Of course, except in my mind.

But I'm not dwelling on that, or the weight gain, or anything. Right now I'm staying positive, keeping a good attitude and thinking lots of great baby thoughts.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Great news, Erica. I am glad everything is good with you. I will keep positive thoughts for you.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

So glad to hear that your appointment went well. Best wishes for you for the future!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and wow to my surprises you are talking Ultrasounds. I totally had a flash back from all the U/S I had but I never had more than 3 follies on one side with fertility drugs and injections, and they told me that 3 is a really good number so you are doing GREAT! No matter what happens you have to stay positive about it.
Ranee

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sher said...

Erica, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am glad you are doing better since your m/c. I just past my year since mine and it hit me hard. DH and I are planning to start trying again later this summer. So for now, I am living vicariously through your posts! Good luck!!

4:54 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi - I found you by surfing fellow stitching blogs - I want to extend my blessings to you. I have been in your shoes. A successful pregnancy never did happen for us, and now at 42 I see those chances are even slimmer.... but never give up your hope!!! I will keep very positive thoughts going for you - I know how much they can help. Carol in NH

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to comment on the PCOS. I have it. I was diagnosed with it about 2 years ago after several misdiagnoses including telling me I had just had a miscarriage when it was not the case at all. I had problems all my life with my period and eventually if you have PCOS it all comes to a head somehow. I would hope that your ob/gyn would have discussed this with you or dismissed it because of your history. However I also know that there are a lot of bad gyn. out there so please if you have any of the other symptoms question the gyn very hard about PCOS. Also to Carol in NH, we are in the process of adopting and I network with a lot of older adopters! Maybe you can find your forever family that way!
Ranee

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home