Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Dooney Dilemma

Today around 4 pm, I got a call from my doctor's office. One of the nurses was calling to tell me that my doctor had looked at my chart and she only saw two follicles per ovary on my u/s, not the ten that the tech had pointed out.

She also said that since there were so few and the arrangement was such that it was not in a circular pattern, she is not inclined to recommend testing for PCOS at this time and doesn't believe that there is any reason for alarm, especially since I don't really exhibit the other symptoms much. I didn't become obese until I was in my 20s, I didn't have the hirutism problem until I became pregnant, and my cycles have always been like clockwork.

The sweetest words I could have ever heard today. I could have kissed that nurse.

She also told me to stop believing everything I read on the internet. Snerk! He he he.

So, I'm going to see what happens, and see if I have any trouble getting preggers again, and if I do or if I have a second miscarriage, then I'll go from there, but there is no point in getting myself all worked up over something that may not be.

So! On to a more silly subject...my Dooney purse. I am referring to the periwinkle barrel bag I bought last summer that I dearly love.

About four months ago, I realized that the handles were...um, cracking. I thought it was discoloration, so I bought some saddle soap and tried to clean the handles. No way. It didn't work. So, since D&B has this fantastic guarantee, I sent the bag back to them for evaluation.

Apparently they have decided that it is wear and tear, and have offered me three choices, none of which involve repairing or replacing the bag for free. Which vexes me a bit, but what can I do? I did use the bag for about eight months before I sent it back to them!

Choice #1: Have bag returned as is at their cost.
Pros: No cost.
Cons: I get my bag just the way it is. Blah.

Choice #2: Have bag repaired.
Pros: This is cheaper as they have estimated a cost of $40 to repair the bag.
Cons: The cost to repair the bag is almost a third of the retail cost of the bag, and since the handles will be brand new, they will look different than the rest of the bag, something that I was fine with if the repair was free!

Choice #3: Buy replacement bag for half off, or $82.50.
Pros: I get a BRAND-NEW spanking bag and can pick a different color or style if I want!
Cons: $82.50? Considering that I paid twice that for the bag in the first place? And they destroy my old bag, so it's not like I get a new bag in addition to the bag that I had.

Ugh. What to do, what to do!

I am leaning heavily towards Choice #3 because the thought of having a new bag is a good one, but I'm debating whether or not I should pick a different style and/or color. I would probably be more likely to pick a different style since I so love the periwinkle, plus there's the whole matching wallet thingy.

I guess that's food for thought for tomorrow morning when I'm driving to Fort Worth. I got TWO fires this week, and my second one is tomorrow. Not looking forward to it much, I'll tell ya.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

on the Dooney issue, I'd go with #3 too!!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You paid $165 for a handbag that you used 8 months!!!! And now you are considering putting down another $82.50 for a bag????

Once that baby comes you can kiss the expensive handbags goodbye.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Well, actually I paid $155 less 33% off...it was on sale. And yes, you are right...once I am a mommy, my Dooney days are over, so I'm enjoying it now!

We all have things that we indulge in from time to time. Some people indulge in buying cross stitch patterns enough for three lifetimes, others buy expensive shoes or decorate their houses to the hilt. Me? It's purses! :)

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home