Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The Not-So-Red Carpet Treatment

More like a pale shade of pink.

I had my first doctor's appointment today. They confirmed that I am definitely pregnant again, took blood to do my first beta and bloodwork, and I made tons of appointments. I didn't get QUITE the red carpet treatment that I anticipated. I had to remind them that my doctor suggested checking my beta levels in 48 hours, and practically had to argue with them about the sonogram that she suggested at seven weeks. They were like, "Uh, are you sure that you started your period on 2/11?" I was like, "Duh, I'm CHARTING, you idiots!" Whatever. Anyway, I'm going back for my second blood test on Thursday, first ultrasound on 3/29, and my first real appointment with my doctor on 4/18. I never got to that point with her before...my miscarriage happened about four days before. So this should be interesting.

Not much else is happening, although my hormones are totally whack right now. I woke up at 5 am this morning sweating to death, and when I tried to move the fan so it was closer to me, I caught the skin of my left thumb in the crack and really cut it deep. This of course just turned on the tears and a massive panic attack...I was already feeling really bad about myself since I feel like I'm thickening by the second, and it's just hard to accept that I AM GOING TO GET BIGGER THAN THIS. But I'm working on it. Very hard. Otherwise, it's going to be a very long eight months.

I got a very tiny fire today that I'm going to drive out for tomorrow, but otherwise, work is slow as molasses. I'm trying to enjoy it and just relish in what I am getting done and that I have a lot of time to take it easy, but it's WEIRD to be so slow!

Watch, now that I've said this, it'll be hell on wheels next week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine S said...

Good for you for insisting on the tests that your doctor said you should have! Hope all goes well with your upcoming appointments, and enjoy the quiet time at work!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home