Friday, July 30, 2004

TGIF!

*yawn*

For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to watch Red Dragon last night while I did my nails and waited for them to dry. This movie did not even start until midnight. Yeah. That was a good idea! But at least my nails had the opportunity to dry thoroughly and now they look good. I can't seem to understand that mystery...how is it that my nails will dry completely and then I'll go to sleep and still wake up with marks on them from the bedding? I just can't understand it. But I'm going to start using a top coat on them, so hopefully that'll help prolong the life of my enamel. Anyway. I love those Hannibal Lecter movies...can't quite explain it. And the books are excellent, if you like horror stories.  I actually dug out a couple of them last night to loan to a friend...coincidentally, I could not find my copy of Red Dragon. Only Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal.

I did not stitch last night. Occasionally I'll have a night (like last night) where I just feel kind of restless and don't really feel like sitting still. Plus, by the time I was finished eating and puttering around the house, it was 11,  and I really wanted to manicure my nails. So, no stitching. But there's plenty of time for stitching this weekend.

Today I am going to my claims office to work for the day since I stayed home the last two entire days, and I'm kind of looking forward to it considering that I have not left the house all week this week except to go to the gym. It'll be nice to actually socialize with people. On the other hand, I'm not looking forward to going because it means I'll actually have to talk to the other supervisors in person. Yesterday was a tough day for assignments, and considering that we got yet another storm that rolled through Dallas last night, I don't expect today to be much better. The only adjuster on my team that takes storm claims yesterday normally only gets four, and I was forced to give him eleven yesterday, which just pained me the entire time.  I've already given him two this morning and I hated to even make the call!

The one bright spot of today is that one of my friends (who is also my coworker) is going to come up to the office and we're going to go try a new sushi place that is close to my office. I haven't had sushi in a while. In a way, it kind of still feels like a cheat food even though it's really not...avocado is a good fat, white rice (while not as good as brown rice) is not a horrible carb, and well, you can't beat fish for protein. Anyway, I'm looking forward to that, especially since today will be my one day out all week!

 
Plans for the weekend...gym tonight (since I played hooky Wednesday) for back, biceps and cardio and stitching, and tomorrow I plan to have "date night" with my husband. I think we're going to hit Jack Astor's since my husband says it's pretty tasty! Maybe, just maybe, we'll be inspired to go see a movie...we maybe see two movies tops a year in the theater. Just not big theater people. I would so much prefer to see a movie in the calm and quiet of my home, where I can pause the movie as much as I want to use the facilities, not to mention that you can't stitch in the theater! But we'll see...maybe we'll be in the mood to see Spiderman 2. Sunday is just our errand day...chores, laundry, grocery shopping, and of course, stitching.
 
More later...the Friday Five still to come!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home