Friday, August 27, 2004

A cat named Arkansas...

Please note: the following excerpt is dialogue from an actual conversation with one of my customers today.

Me: "Oh, what a cute cat. Is she friendly?"
Insured: "Yes, she is very friendly."
Me: "What's her name?"
Insured: "Arkansas."
Me: "Arkansas?"
Insured: "Yes. I got her in Arkansas, so I named her Arkansas."

Whatever. The logic of that reason for naming that cat is dizzying. I didn't even know what to say back. I was suddenly reminded of the song by Johnny Cash, "A Boy Named Sue".

Today was a very long day out in the field. I woke up tired, and was all excited that I only had one appointment in Grand Prairie, and when I was arriving at that one, Queenie called me to ask if I could just "stop by" this house in Fort Worth on my way home. Anyone who knows where I live and is reading this knows that Fort Worth is NOT on my way home. I just had to laugh at her. She's not familiar with this area just yet. Anyway, I left my first appointment at 12:30, and was finished and on my way home from my last appointment by 3:15. I actually walked in the door at 5 pm. Definitely not on my way home. So, today was a complete field day...third in a row. Monday is office work for sure! (Although I don't have much to do...)

I really don't have much to share today. I'm kind of tired...I stayed up late stitching and made some of my heavenly rocky road bars as a special treat, which now have given me indigestion. Blah. Due to my little sidetrip to Fort Worth, I did not have time to hit the gym, so I am going tomorrow to work back/bis and Sunday to work legs. I gotta! I've skipped enough. I have no other lofty plans for the weekend other than resting, relaxing, stitching, catching up on laundry, grocery shopping and gym time. I need to book my flight to Florida this weekend. And my oldest cat, Gabrielle, has some kind of skin rash on her tail, so I think I'm going to try to get in to see the vet tomorrow if they have any openings.

Meme time. There are some great ones on Fridays.

Friday Feast!

Appetizer: What is a word that your family uses that would not be considered common? None come to mind. We're pretty boring.
Soup: What theme of calendar do you have on your wall this year? Disney Princesses...right now it's Belle and the Beast dancing!
Salad: Name 3 people you speak with on a daily basis. My husband, my friend S at work, and my boss, Queenie.
Main Course: If you could put a new tattoo on someone you know - who would it be, what would the tattoo be of, and where would you put it on them? I think a tiny Victorian-style rose or heart design would be perfect on the small of the back of my friend D...it would greatly symbolize her love for all things Renaissance and I think it'd be so cool! (She'll never get a tattoo though!)
Dessert: What is the last beverage you drank out of a glass bottle? A Dublin Dr. Pepper at the First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas, when my dad and his wife came to visit. A Dublin Dr. Pepper is different than a regular Dr. Pepper in that a Dublin DP is made with pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. It gives a much fresher taste and it is just OUT of this world!

Next, the Daily Dirt...

1. What do you smell like? According to my husband P, I smell girly all the time, whatever that means!
2. What's your favourite smell? Oh, there is NO way I can pick just one. My top favorite smells: evergreen, the ocean, leaves burning, lavender, roses, pumpkin pie, garlic and coconut.
3. What perfume/cologne are you wearing? At this exact moment in time, I'm wearing cotton blossom body spray by Bath and Body Works.
4. What does your room smell like? A combination of all the perfumes, cosmetics and soaps that my husband and I use.

And...The Weigh It Is.

Where do you think you would be right now had you been a healthy weight your entire life? Would you be in the same place, in the same relationships, with the same life experiences? Or in a completely different life? I think I'd be in the same spot as far as married to my husband, in the same job, in the same house, but I think if I had been a healthy weight my entire weight I would not be plagued with the body issue problems that I have now, and I certainly would not be frought with OCD over every little thing I put in my mouth either. I think I'd be a little more at peace with my body and with the person that I am and would not allow myself to be so defined by the number on the scale, the number on the tags in my jeans, and the way I look in the mirror. It's something that I'm working on and that I will probably always have to work at.
Will losing weight change your life situation? No, it won't...and that's what I have to accept. I am at a healthy weight and body fat percentage RIGHT NOW. Now it's time to live a healthy lifestyle, keep the weight off, and concentrate on being happy.


TGIF! I'm so glad the weekend is here...

1 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

Hey, you coming to Florida? When? Where?
I hear you on your little side trip to FW - I'm from Shreveport and know Dallas like the back of my hand from going about twice a month for years and my boys playing hockey in Arlington. Do yourself a favor and buy this person a map... LOL!

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home