Friday, August 20, 2004

We're home!

Yay! We're home! Glad to be here. We were actually rolling this morning at 10:50 am, so our goal of being out by noon was met with plenty of time to spare, and the trip back to Dallas seemed to fly by...probably because the dogs were sleeping and not whining. We could tell they were ready to come home too. As soon as we started packing up the car, they jumped right in and laid down with no coaxing, and we didn't hear a peep out of them the entire trip back.

All in all, the trip was a huge success. The people that ran the place where we stayed let us borrow some movies last night since we couldn't find a video store in that small town that was open (can you believe it?). We borrowed Last of the Dogmen and Gladiator. Gladiator I have seen many times, but it was my first time seeing Last of the Dogmen and I really enjoyed it. It kind of reminded me of Dances With Wolves in a way. I would definitely recommend it, especially if you like movies about Native Americans, which I certainly do! Anyway, it was great, and with all the storms yesterday I logged over seven hours of stitching time, something that hasn't happened in a long time! It was great, and I feel so relaxed and at peace now. I can't believe I have to go back to work again in two days and start the whole process again. *sigh*

The only bad thing about this trip (I have to mention this again) was the food thing. I woke up this morning with a severe case of indigestion, and P woke up feeling so icky that he wouldn't even let me make him some breakfast. Blah. I feel bloated, fat, icky, my face is breaking out, my hair feels oily, and I just can't wait to start eating healthy food again and flushing all this crap out of my system. I know I haven't done any permanent damage as my shorts are still very loose and baggy, but it's like I can see all the junk food I ate just sitting on my tummy, and I don't want to see it there! My plan is to start the detox tomorrow, and then get back to the gym on Monday after I have eaten some good solid food and rehydrated for two days. Lifting right now would be a joke since I haven't really eaten any solid protein sources this week with the exception of the grilled chicken breast I had for lunch. But I digress...bottom line, next time we will plan MUCH better and take stuff with us now that we know what's down there...because there will be a next time for sure!

And today's meme from Weekend Wonderings deals with...healthy eating! Ha! That's definitely NOT what I've been doing lately.

1. Do you consider yourself a healthy eater? When I want to be a healthy eater, I think that I eat very well. But it's kind of like that saying about the little girl..."When she was good, she was very very good, but when she was bad, she was horrid." That totally applies to me with food.
2. How many meals do you eat a day? Usually four to five with a small snack before bed. It kind of depends on how hungry I am.
3. Do you watch your calories, fat, carbs? I keep an eye especially on my fat. I try to keep my fat under 25-30 grams for the day, and when I'm buying meats and other things, I try to keep the percentage of calories from fat under 20%. I don't watch carbs as much as I used to anymore...but I do make sure that the carbs that I'm eating are good solid carbs, such as whole grains, potatoes, rice and fruits. Generally where carbs are concerned, I follow the principles of BodyRx.
4. Do you eat all your veggies? I used to...during my precomp period, I ate 3-4 cups of veggies a DAY, two of those being broccoli. When I stopped my prep, I just kind of stopped eating them. And that is something that I really need to remedy. I have been eating a lot of salad greens lately, which is better than nothing, and I'm adjusting to leaving the tomato on my chicken sandwiches now (but tomato's not a vegetable), so I am trying. But I need to do better with the green stuff, that's for sure.

Off to clean the house...now that I'm recovered from being sick, destressed, and done with the vacationing, it's time to get this house in order...literally! Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home