Tuesday, August 17, 2004

How about a Chinese fortune cookie?

"Not to engage in the pursuit of ideas is to live like ants instead of like men."

That was my fortune tonight in my cookie...I just had to bring it back for a contribution to my journal! How's that for a tribute to my affinity for answering memes?

I took P to PF Chang's tonight for a congratulatory dinner for getting through the interview and testing process. From what he told me, it sounds like it went really well. He did all that he could do, presented his best self, and from what he relayed to me, answered the questions in the best way that he could. Of course, they gave him the canned response that they are looking at about twelve other candidates but looking to fill four positions, that HR could still veto the whole thing, blah blah blah, but he said that he had them laughing, and I think that's a good thing. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.

He also said that one of my bosses made a comment that I had a "bit of Tabasco in me" and one of my other bosses joked that he was going to give me a broken laptop one day "just to see what I'd do". Funny guys. I guess that's their way of saying that I'm feisty?

Anyway, laundry is still going, and my cross stitch stuff is packed up and ready to go to the lake! I can't wait! We went to PetSmart tonight and got all the stuff we need to take two Labs on vacation...food, chews, tennis balls, a water retrieving toy, shampoo (because I am not sleeping with those two monsters without a bath after being in the stinky lake water all day), stuff to clean out their ears, etcetera...all the necessities. I guess we'll have to pack a diaper bag!

Here's Tuesday's Chick Chat for your reading pleasure...and lo and behold, it's about eating healthy!!! My favorite obsession. Not! We're definitely going to take a break the next two days. I'm not going to go nuts or anything, but we've discussed grilling burgers one night and making a pot of spaghetti the other night. I can't even remember the last time I actually made spaghetti. I hope I remember how!

1. Soy Milk or Cow Milk? Cow milk all the way. I've never even tasted soy milk. I always drink skim when I have it. (I believe two pals of mine, S and D, call that white water? Correct me if I'm wrong, you two!)
2. Veggie Burger or Mooo, I mean Meat? I've tasted veggie burgers and they are okay...not bad...but I'd rather just have a piece of chicken and save the real burgers for a free meal treat. Most of the veggie burgers that are out there honestly don't have enough soy in them to be a useful protein source. Just my opinion. I didn't get these guns of mine by eating Boca Burgers, that's for sure!
3. Have you ever had a piece of cake and considered it breakfast? I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I have. German chocolate cake straight out of the refrigerator first thing in the morning is pretty darn tasty.
4. Do Carbs Rock Your World? Hell, YES. I could not go without carbs of some nature. I just love them too much. If I have to pick between sacrificing fat or sacrificing carbs, I'll sacrifice the fat. Besides, carbs are what give your brain juice!
5. What's the longest you've gone without weighing yourself? Before I woke up, smelled the coffee and realized how heavy I had gotten, I never weighed myself except in a doctor's office, and when that had to happen, I would always tell the nurse not to tell me what the number was. So if the question is, how long did I go without stepping on a scale, the answer would be one year. If the question is, how long did I go without knowing what my actual body weight was, I'd have to say probably about ten years as the last time I actually deliberately got on a scale with the purpose of knowing what the number is prior to beginning my weight loss journey was my last physical in high school. How's that for complicated?

Time to switch the laundry and grab something to drink before I hit Rain Forest Afghan. I'm going to take Stretch to the lake with me...I'm not even going to think about lugging that afghan. No way, no how!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Have a great time at the lake!

5:12 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I know you will have a fabulous time on your vacation! Be sure to tell us all about it. btw, I *love* PF Chang's!!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home