Sunday, August 15, 2004

Now I'm really on vacation!

I slept in today until 11 am. I was woken up only by the phone in my office ringing, which apparently I forgot to turn off, so I came in and unplugged my office phone. What a liberating feeling. And I called both of my voice mails to make sure my extended absence greetings were working, which they were, and I don't have any messages, so apparently people ARE taking my advice, hanging up, and calling my office to bother Queenie rather than leaving me a message. I feel so free!

And I feel pretty good. My throat is not sore anymore. I feel a little constipated and nauseous (sorry if TMI) from the Vicodin, still very tired, having trouble eating because I'm just not that hungry, and my weight is still way down, which tells me that I am still dehydrated, but I can swallow, breathe and talk without discomfort and that's a good thing. The antibiotics that the doctor prescribed for me clearly are doing their job. Today I have a busy day....ha! All I have to do today is go get the registration renewed for our Explorer, drive over to our vet's office to pick up some Revolution for our dogs (a flea/tick/heartworm preventative), and drop our Explorer off at Discount Tires for some new tires so we are all set to go to the lake on Wednesday. Oh, and I probably should do some laundry. What a busy day. I doubt I am going to make it to the gym today...I am still feeling very tired and weak, which tells me that I probably should not push it, and I may just take this week off from the gym. I was really sick. I don't like taking that much time off, but I don't want to overdo it, and I honestly don't feel like I could throw much iron around even if I wanted to. I feel like if I tried to do the Stairmaster right now, I'd toss my lunch!

Last night P and I went to Kohl's to buy a "power interviewer" outfit for him. He needs it for the interview tomorrow with my company, but I reminded him that if he doesn't get this job, he'll need it for other interviews too. If he doesn't get this job, I'm going to start doing his recruiting and networking for him. We bought him a brand new white shirt, a muted blue silk tie, black pants, black shoes, and black socks. Yow! He looks sharp.

Last night I stitched for the first time in about a week...I worked on Ocean Fantasy, which is looking GREAT! I also watched Something's Got To Give with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton. Funny...I'm generally not a Diane Keaton or a Jack Nicholson fan, but this was pretty good and they had some good lines. I would recommend it. The scenery of the Hamptons and in Paris are beautiful!

I guess that's all I've got for today...I'm just so relieved to be feeling better, I can't stand it!

While I was writing my answers to the memes, Queenie called me at home to let me know that T, the adjuster that told me on Friday that he thought he would be fired, came in today, brought in all his stuff, and quit. He's off to Florida to work the hurricane. I think my boss is very relieved...she basically confirmed that he was going to be fired anyway when I returned from vacation...but now I am the only fire adjuster in our office. That's scary. He also took a supervisor with him, G, who did not have the cajones to come in and quit in person. G just left his laptop at the office Friday and apparently emailed our managers over the weekend that he wasn't coming back. What a gem. I can't worry about this right now, but I am so happy that I got everything done before I left, even at the expense of getting sick. At least now I can hit the ground running when I get back with a nice clean slate to start out with.

On to the memes...

Stitching Blogger's QOTW...If you were to stitch something to be passed on to future generations of your family as an heirloom, what would it be and why? Honestly, I really think of every one of my pieces as an heirloom, and I plan to will my pieces to my children or grandchildren when I die. One of my friends, D, had a huge crocheted doll collection willed to her by her aunt when she dies, and the reason why her aunt willed them to her is because she knew that D would care for them and treasure them the way that she did. I hope that I will have someone in my family that I feel that way about too. Right now, there is no one that I feel would treasure my cross-stitched pieces the way that I do...my nieces and nephews are still too young and I don't have any children. But it may not be too late...I have six nieces! I'd have to say that out of all the pieces hanging on my wall right now that would probably have the best chance of being passed on is Villa Mirabilia, because it's the only one that has our family name on it.

The new meme for today, Monday Madness!

1. If you could only take one item with you on to a deserted island, what book, movie, music would you take? I'd take the Greatest Hits CD by Fleetwood Mac. No matter how many times I listen to that CD, I never get tired of it.
2. What's the most disgusting thing that you have ever eaten or even just put in your mouth?? Smelt. It's tiny orange fish eggs that are put into sushi. They don't taste like anything...just kind of salty...but when I eat sushi that has those in them, I just try not to think about what I'm eating.
3. What one thing would you do differently if given the chance? I had a very brief fling with an older man when I first moved to Texas, about eight years ago, and if I had it all to do over again, I wish that I had not agreed to go out with him. A very bad judgement on my part.
4. What political party, if any, do you belong to? None. I judge candidates on their positions and character, not their political party.
5. Do you like icees? Yes! My favorites are Slurpees from 7-11 and shaved ice from the Ice Wizard.
6. East or West? I would choose to move out west if given the chance.
7. Will we ever "all" be happy with the current political situation???? Not a chance.
8. Cookies or Crackers? Cookies. I have a serious sweet tooth.
9. What fun thing did you do today? I slept in late!
10. Why?? Why what? Why did I sleep in? Because I'm sick and tired! Tee hee!

Hope everyone has a great Monday. Thanks for reading!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick! Glad you're feeling better. I'm a little late with this, but I had some hot cereal this weekend that might have been good when you couldn't eat much. It was oat bran, and it tasted pretty much like oatmeal but had a finer consistency, and definately tasted better than cream of wheat ;-) Lots of good stuff in there too, more than "regular" oatmeal.

Rest up and hope you're back to 100% soon!

BTW, saw your comment in my blog...I'm just down the road from your alma mater in Durham :-)

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not really anonymous, it just won't let me post without registering for Blogger.
It's good to see you stitching again. I can't wait to see you get through your full rotation.

Stasha

12:46 AM  
Blogger gem_grl17 said...

Hey Girl...I am back at work, just got back from Toledo yesterday. That sucks that you're feeling bad...get better soon so we can do something! I saw the Village and Alien Vs. Predator while I was home, and the wedding wasn't as traumatic for me as I'd thought it would be...everyone looked pretty bad in their dresses, so I didn't feel so terrible. Love ya and talk to you soon.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hey vacation pal! Glad to see you're feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your time off.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home