Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I am dragging...

I'm awake. Sort of. My back and neck hurts. My throat is starting to feel sore. I am so not motivated to work, but I know that I have to. Ugh. Yup, vacation is just around the corner. I always start feeling not-so-hot around the time I'm taking some time off.

I have to go to the mall today on a work-related errand. In three years, I have never had to go out anywhere to price an item that was lost in one of my fires, but today, I'll have to. I finally came across an item that was not found on the internet. Well, actually, I DID locate it on the internet, but I don't think it is the right thing. Have you ever seen one of those lighted photographs at the mall? I think they are called Water in Motion or something? Anyway, you plug in the picture, it lights up, and the water in the picture (waterfall, waves, river, whatever) actually moves. They are pretty cool. And I can't find it on the net! So that's what I'll be doing today in the midst of all my other work. Blah. The people said they paid $300 for it, and I could only find one for $70. I'm going to be a good adjuster and go out investigating! (They just better have faxed their furniture receipts to me by the time I get home!)

Here's the Wednesday Matinee...

1. What's your favorite monster/creature movie?

Jaws. I never miss an opportunity to watch the original or one of the sequels when it comes on television. I have the original on tape. My husband teases me every time I turn it on, and I just tell him that it's reinforcing my position that I don't swim in the ocean. I do swim in the ocean, of course, but I usually stay very close to shore, and I doubt I will ever scuba dive. I'm just too afraid of being attacked by a shark. (And don't try to tell me that it doesn't happen that often, because I read the news!)

2. What movie always gives you a scare, no matter how often you've seen it?

Same as above...but really it would also apply to ANY movie where people get eaten, so that would also include Jurassic Park (all three), Deep Blue Sea, and Anaconda. I have a real problem with seeing people eaten like party appetizers for some reason. Can't imagine why.

3. What movie has the best (or your favorite) stunts?

I loved the stunts in Charlie's Angels and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle. Unrealistic, of course, but it'd be SO COOL if that actually was possible.

~If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It Bonus~ Who would you rather be: the first person to get killed quick and easy, or the hero that saves everyone but dies in the end?

The hero. If I'm going to die, at least I'll make sure everyone would live, and everyone loves the hero!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit that until quite recently, I had never seen Jaws. One night I was flipping thru the channels and saw Jaws on TBS. Of course I had missed the beginning but it was on again directly after the first one ended, so I watched the beginning last. Great movie!
Tee :-)

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home