Tuesday, August 17, 2004

A prayer for P!

I woke up this morning with the worst case of butterflies in my stomach that I've ever had. You'd think I was interviewing for this job. I just wish that there was something that I could do to help my husband get this job. I want us to work together again so badly! He's all ready today...fresh hair cut, clean-shaven, power outfit hanging neatly in his car...I even saw before I went to bed last night that he dug out his cufflinks. He's ready for action. I just am praying to GOD that my company will give him a chance. I know that he would be so good if they would just give him a chance! I told him to call me the second the interview is over. Today is going to be a long day.

The reason why I felt so smart last night is because I was really happy when I was able to create the Most Recent WIP Update section with a picture of Ocean Fantasy that, when you click on it, links directly to the huge close-up on my Verizon webpage! Wow! I have never known how to do html code before I got this blog, so the fact that I am able to do it now is just a miracle. Plus, add in the fact that my new digital camera takes exceptional pictures, and I'm a happy girl! I should have Fairy Tale Sampler up there later today, so keep watching that space. Can anyone tell that I'm just having way too much fun maintaining and playing with this blog? The stitching pictures just brighten things up a bit!

I have nothing really pressing on my plate today since I ran all my errands yesterday...just finishing up the laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, and kind of starting to get things together for our little getaway. We're going to wait until we get down there to buy all our food since we want to see what the kitchen has first, but we need to get our stuff together and stuff for the dogs together. They have just as much stuff as we do...food, leashes, collars, water toys, pillows, etcetera. High maintenance! Other than that, I'm just going to hang out, relax (since I'm STILL tired despite my sleeping in today yet again until 11 am), and stitch and wait for P to call and tell me how great the interview went. See how optimistic I'm being?

I linked a new meme yesterday on my site...the Tuesday Twosome! As if I don't have enough memes already! Today's theme, as a lot of themes have been over the past week, is back to school. As if I need another reminder that school is back in session. I must have driven through about six school zones yesterday to drive two miles to the tax collector's office to get the Explorer registration. And there were cops everywhere, just itching to give me a ticket. No, thank you. My probation for my last speeding ticket in Arlington ends tomorrow; no tickets for quite a while!

1. Cafeteria or sack lunch: Cafeteria. When I was in high school, I had a piece of pizza and French fries every day for lunch. No wonder I wound up obese.
2. CliffsNotes or read the book: Read the book when possible, but there were a few books in my AP English class (such as Beowulf) that I needed the Cliff Notes for because I was so lost.
3. Uniforms or wear whatever you want: Ummm...I'd probably prefer uniforms now, even though I wore what I wanted back then. I feel that uniforms now put everyone on an even playing field.
4. Math or Science: Well, I hated both, but if I had to choose one, math. Science, I really detested.
5. Homework or detention: Homework. Who has time for detention when they are editor of the paper, president of SADD, captain of the swim team and trying to get into a college on the side?

Not too much else to say today...I guess I'll scurry off now and get to stitching!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

I'm keeping my finger crossed for your DH!

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thoughts heading you and your DH's way!
Cheers from Jennie (Jennie's Place). :)

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home