Monday, August 23, 2004

Happy Monday (not!)

This is seriously the earliest I've been up in nine days. Blah. I tried to go back to sleep, but it was like Kryptonite pulling me in here...I just had to see what was going on for today. So far, not much and it's been very quiet. I do have a bunch of notifications for meetings to scrawl on my calendar but that's it. A few emails to respond to, three phone messages, etcetera. A completely unjustified Department of Insurance complaint came in on one of my files while I was out, and my supervisor responded to it...that was about the most exciting thing that happened while I was gone.

I seriously don't have much to say today...I'm starting back at the gym tonight (chest and tris) and it is such a relief to have my house clean. I just need to get my laundry caught up now and I'll be all set. I stitched yesterday for about seven hours. I worked on Rain Forest Afghan with a promise to keep doing it for at least two hours. Two hours came and went, and I wasn't sick of it, so I kept going. Finally at the five hour mark, I got very warm (it's hard to stitch on an afghan in August) and switched to Castle Sampler, which is coming along nicely. I'm glad that I'm attacking the border in Castle Sampler early, but there's quite a LOT of border. I thought that I'd be ready to start on the castle scene last night, but I'm not quite there yet with the border...I still need to get some more border done on it so I can be assured of not making any counting mistakes.

I watched a new movie Saturday night called Godsend...very weird movie. It's about a family who loses a child to an auto accident and decides to clone him so they "can have him back". I'm not a mother, and I can't imagine losing a child or what it must feel like, but talk about a weirdorama movie. I didn't care for the ending at all...very anti-climatic. P and I agreed that we would have had the movie end a much different way if it had been up to us! And...Rebecca Romijn-Stamos can NOT act at all. I think she should stick to swimsuit modeling!

Right to the memes...

Stitching Blogger's QOTW...what would you most like your favourite designer to design next? I wish that Teresa Wentzler would design an underwater ocean scene. I love ocean scenes, especially underwater ones with bright colorful fish, and I just think that her talent at blending colors, especially with all the new ones that DMC has released, would be so well used with an underwater scene. I heard a rumor a year or so ago that she was thinking about doing that, but never heard anything else about it.

And...Monday Madness!

1. Which is more fun, kids' toys or grown-up kids' toys? (ie. Lego's vs. power tools) Kids' toys. They are more colorful!
2. What's your favorite food and why? Which food is your number one weakness? Chocolate. Hands-down. My favorite food, and my number one weakness. I can't seem to stay away from the stuff, and the high I get from eating it is unrivaled!
3. How many blogs/journals/diaries would you say you read? I currently have 49 blogs blogrolled on my own blog, and I read them all.
4. Do you feel you have an obligation to spread your religious belief system to others, or do you think religion is a private matter that everyone needs to decide for themselves? I believe that it is a private matter that everyone should decide for themselves. Not only do I not feel I have an obligation to spread my religion to others, I feel that doing so is intrusive and nosy.
5. Did you keep a paper journal before blogging? I kept paper journals in high school. I wrote in those fabric-covered books that you can buy at Hallmark. I still have them...I think I filled up five books during high school.
6. Describe your life in 3 words. Lucky, fortunate, and blessed.
7. What was the last thing you were wrong about? When I was sick last weekend, I thought it was a virus and refused after the first doctor's appointment to take the antibiotics that were prescribed because I don't believe in taking antibiotics for viri. I feel that if antibiotics are taken every time you feel sick, they will cease to be effective when you really do need them. I was wrong about that...the doctors told me during the next appointment that since they didn't know if it was an infection or not, I should have started to take the antibiotic the day of my first appointment. I still feel that my position is right on antibiotics, but in that situation, I was wrong.
8. What one thing would you do to help the world be a better place for all? That's a loaded question. If I had my choice on what to do to help the world be a better place, I wish that I could go back in time and erase the events of 9-11.
9. Are you a dog person or a cat person? I love both dogs and cats, but deep down, I'm a dog person. (I hope Moira can't read.)
10. If you could start your own meme (and you can!), what kind of questions would you ask? I'm not sure. I've thought about starting my own meme several times, but I think I'd run out of questions after about a month. I'd probably just ask a variety of questions...and probably do a lot of choice questions instead of ones where you have to write an essay to answer them. Those seem to be the memes that I avoid.

I hope everyone has a happy Monday...thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mindy said...

Tim and I saw "Godsend" in the theater -- man, what a mistake! It was creepy and I liked some of the little twists, but I agree that the end was totally anticlimactic and it just didn't go anywhere. Tim saw a Sci-Fi Channel movie with the same subject matter a week or so ago and said it was much better than the "blockbuster" version. Figures :-)

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, if you didn't plan to take antibiotics, why did you visit the doctor? They don't have too many medications for viri, and they usually go away with or without meds. On the other hand, it sounded like you were very sick, so maybe the doctor was right about you taking antibiotics (speaking as someone who battled walking pneumonia 3 seperate times because she was stupid and wouldn't take the meds...!)

Take care. We need you!

{{{HUGS}}}}
Teresa

11:36 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

Very good question, Teresa...and the answer is that I visited the doctor to make sure I didn't have an infection, hence needing to take the antibiotics. The first night, they told me that I had a virus and prescribed antibiotics. The second day when I went back, they checked my white blood cell count and found it elevated, hence I had an infection and then I started taking the antibiotics.

Clear as mud? LOL

Thanks for stopping by! Pneumonia that many times? Yeesh!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home