Friday, September 24, 2004

Why am I so sad?

I can't quite figure it out, except to think that it must be related to my cycle! Tonight I managed to drag myself to the gym, realized that I clearly had not eaten enough today when I almost threw up on the weight machine, came home, watched the end of Ghost, promptly burst into tears, and then continued the crying jag as I unloaded the dishwasher.

I'm thinking that it has to be hormonal.

Nothing is bothering me...of course, except for the fact that I worked an unbelievable amount of hours this week and am starting to feel like I have absolutely NO life whatsoever. It's not a good feeling. One of the clerical asked me at work what day I preferred for our Christmas party, December 4 or December 17, and my response was that since I had no life, either date would be fine. She thought it was hysterical, but it's SO true. A claims adjuster in December really has no life.

The highlight of my day as sad as this is was S asking me during our sushi lunch if my nails were tips...she said they look absolutely perfect in both color and shape. I love that!

Tomorrow I have to relax and just not think about work for one day if that is even humanly possible! And I will stitch. I think part of this funk may be stemming from not picking up a needle and thread all week.

Friday Feast! (Mine was another late night midnight run to Steak and Shake.)

Appetizer On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest), how attractive do you think you are? About a 7.
Soup What local restaurant would you recommend to a visitor to your town or city? Saltgrass....definitely!
Salad What's a lesson you had to learn the hard way? It is better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all.
Main Course Name something in your life that you feel you can depend on 100%. My husband P.
Dessert If you could see the front page of a newspaper from September 24, 2104, what would you imagine the headline might be? Colonization on Mars! That would be SO COOL!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Here is a (((((HUG))))) for you, Erica. I get like that sometimes and I think it is not only hormonal but the realization that you had no "me" time. Make sure you take some time for YOU this weekend. You will feel so much better for it. (((((ERICA)))))

5:09 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Oh E, I wish I could be there to give you a big old hug! I can see 4 things bothering you, cycle, work and no stitching, watching sad movie. What a combination girl, you didn't stand a chance!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

(((Erica))) I'm sorry to hear you're feeling sad. I hope that you're able to take some time for yourself this weekend!!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home