Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Houston, we have a heartbeat!

I woke up this morning with the worst case of butterflies. I was SO sure they were going to show me an empty sac again.

But no. I got to see my baby for the very first time! In the picture below, it's the seahorse shape on the left hand side. The round shape in the top center is the yolk sac.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And...we have a heartbeat. A nice strong one. P and I were both overcome with emotion. I started to cry as soon as I saw that the heart was beating. P just couldn't do anything but stare at it with a lump in his throat. Quite a moment!

I can't believe we're actually going to be parents!

Anyway, the ultrasound tech told us that everything looks great, the heart rate is about 150 beats per minute, and that the fetus is measuring .78 centimeters right now, which is right on target for where he or she should be.

P is now very excited. I think seeing that today really brought it all home for him. He spent quite a bit of time today researching name possibilities and everything online.

As for me, I feel about 100% better. The tech told us that my chances of miscarrying again just dropped from 25% to 3%, so I was relieved about that as well.

So! I stitched on Noah's Submarine tonight as planned. It's time to get stuff finished for my nursery!

17 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

AWESOME!! You have a cute seahorse, I mean lil baby, in there! It's amazing to think that something so small can have a heartbeat. Make sure you relax now and take it easy.

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so pleased for you.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you and relieved, and pumped up!!! WOO HOO!!!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica - I was just thinking about you today and looked up your blog! Imagine my delight when I read your post and saw the picture of the baby! If you don't mind, I posted your ultrasound picture on LL so everyone would know that you are doing fine and expecting!

I am so happy for you! Congratulations to you and your husband and your wittle wittle.

SWLSUE

6:45 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you!

6:48 AM  
Blogger WhizGidget said...

YAYAYAYAY!!!! You have no idea how happy I am to hear this (I'm dancin' in my office, my dear)

Congratulations! I've got tears too, I'm so happy...

7:02 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Yay! The first sonogram is always so exciting! Everything's going to be fine now :D

9:28 AM  
Blogger Annette said...

YES!!!!

Fantastic news!

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Erica - that's fantastic news! What a great picture. Take care and look after yourself and the little seahorse ;)

Karen V

12:31 PM  
Blogger Christine S said...

How wonderful, Erica!!! Thanks so much for sharing the picture of your "seahorse". :-) Best wishes for a continuing healthy pregnancy!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Froggie said...

That's fantastic news!! I'm so happy for both of you. It's just such an exciting time. Hearing the heartbeat is one of those moments you'll never forget. I'll continue to pray for you and your baby.

1:28 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

Congratulations hon, thats wonderful news. Now you have to relax :)

3:42 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

YAHOOOO Erica!!!! I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face after seeing your baby. You cannot imagine how happy I am for you. I really, really am so happy. Best wishes and enjoy your nursery stitching!!!!

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooohooo! Congrats on having a seahorse lol

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, I'm so happy for you and your DH.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I just learned you are pregnant, and I'm delighted to see this picture.

Take care,
Sue

12:55 AM  
Blogger Laural said...

Congratulations Moira!! I'm so happy for you and your DH! :)

I haven't been able to read through my blog lists for some time. I wanted to let you know that Herrschner's has Finding Nemo nursery stuff (bibs, crib quilt, birth announcement...etc)

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home