Friday, April 15, 2005

Having a cold when you are pregnant sucks!

I remember before I got pregnant saying to P, "Man, I will be a TOTAL mess if I ever get a cold when I'm pregnant." I'm one of those folks that totally survives on Nyquil and Dayquil (the liquid format) when I get a cold or anything resembling a cold.

After I walked out of my last fire on Tuesday, I promptly started to feel that annoying itch in the back of my throat which has now morphed into a sore throat, an annoying hacking cough, running nose, achy back, and an overall stuffy feeling. Blah.

I did my best to hang with Tylenol all week, but finally called my doctor this morning whining. They said I could take anything made by Tylenol, plain old Robitussin or plain old Sudafed. So I picked up some Day/Night Tylenol Cold. While it ain't Nyquil or Dayquil, I do feel slightly better, although it has killed any semblance of an appetite that I had. I was practically force-feeding myself tonight because I knew I needed to eat, but just really didn't want to.

Anyway.

Today was Queenie's last day, THANK GOD. She was really driving me up the wall. I'll spare the details, but I was really ready to choke her. She emailed me one last email tonight asking if I wanted to have lunch when she comes back into town. I guess that's her lame attempt at the olive branch. Whatever.

Not much going on here at the moment other than just resting, trying to drive away this cold that has invaded my body, and stitching. I'm still working on Noah's Sub, as you can see from the update, and it's going well, although not as fast as I had hoped. I'm really going to have to pick up some speed here if I want a prayer of being done by the end of June! Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my hair cut, tomorrow night I'm going to a stitching night out with Sharon, and Sunday I am hoping to inspire P to take down the weight set in the to-be nursery so we can maybe paint next weekend! *smile*

I am officially nine weeks pregnant as of today! I have three more weeks to go until I'm past the point of when I miscarried last time. In some ways, it feels like it's going quickly, and in others, it feels like it's going slowly. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, so we'll see how that goes.

Have a good weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home