Sunday, April 03, 2005

I have no appetite!

For the last three days, I have had the worst morning sickness imaginable, and I have not been hungry at all. I'm making myself eat, because I know I need to, but everything tastes funny. I went out to get a salad last night with P, a chicken apple walnut salad, and I ended up eating the apples only because everything else in the salad tasted bad.

So. Incredibly. Frustrating. Urgggg.

Anyway, I'll spare you the details of my morning sickness the last 48 hours (read my fertility journal if you just have to know), but it has not been pretty. I can't wait until this is over with the first trimester. And the fatigue! I slept another ten hours last night, about eleven Friday night, and there's just no end in sight. I'm exhausted all the time! And every time I have a stomach cramp, I panic and think that it's another miscarriage starting! I wish that I could have an ultrasound done every day. I've been investigating buying a Doppler heartbeat monitor so I can listen to the baby whenever I want, but apparently there is a massive shortage. I visited about ten websites last night to see if I could order one and every single website is out of them. Again, so incredibly frustrating. I'm not generally a very patient person. At least now I'm on a waiting list.

On a great note, my Heels beat Michigan State last night to go to the NCAA Championship! I watched the entire game and cheered them on. Go HEELS! I am so proud of my school! The staticians said that Carolina has gone to the Final Four more times than any other school out there, even now more than DOOK! That just warms my heart. Dook...rich snobs! Ok, Tarheel diatribe over. And listening to the coach speak after the game during the news conference...oh, it was like going home. I LOVE Southern accents!

Today, the laundry saga continues. All I got done yesterday was sorting and a few loads of towels. There is still tons of it to wash on my bedroom floor. I was thinking that I might go out today to run some errands, but I plain and simple just don't want to. Just too tired. I've got a terrifically busy week ahead, and since it's a four-day work week for me, it's going to be just jammed full of stuff all week. Friday, I am taking the day off to drive to Tulsa with one of my friends, T, for a stitching retreat. I am way too tired to make a nametag or a creative pair of slippers, but I am taking two pieces to enter in the stitching competition....Mermaid of the Pearls and Tradewinds. Anyone care to guess which one will win, if either of them do? Personally, my money is on Mermaid of the Pearls, even though Tradewinds is a much more complicated piece and took almost twice as long. People seem to be impressed with sparkle and glitter. I also set up a page just for my contest winners over the years...my little ego page. I think I need to start entering stuff in the State Fair! Erica's Competition Winners

Stitching is going great. So far, I have put in a full ten hours on Noah's Sub, and I feel like I am making significant progress, although I admit that I have a LOOOOOONG way to go. I'm being good though and making myself take breaks on it and work on other things so I don't get sick of it. Last night I spent all night on Waiting For Ships, which I like so much more now than I did the first ten hours. Isn't that weird how that happens? I start a project, I enjoy it for about the first hour because it's new, loathe it for the next ten or so because it's got nothing done on it, and then enjoy it immensely after that once it takes shape. Very odd. But I think Noah's Sub is going to be a lot of fun. I even created a page for it on my website to motivate me to stitch on it so I can add pictures to it. Take a look: Erica's Noah's Sub page. I'm trying to break my habit of referring to it as Noah's Submarine. I realized yesterday when I was getting the pictures together of the original art and the Stoney Creek version that they refer to it as "Noah's Sub". Considering I've been referring to it as Noah's Submarine for what, six years now, it's going to be a hard habit to break! Anyway, I'm still going to shoot for June to finish it so I can take it in to be framed. Then, I'm going to try to finish the Precious Moments Noah's Ark by September (which is going to be very hard since that piece is really boring) and then my baby afghan by the time I give birth. I don't think it's going to be hard to finish my baby afghan...I could probably have it done in about thirty hours or so if I wanted to. I just don't want to! At least, not right now. I'm sure in a few months, I'll feel like it.

I had an incident this week with Queenie that really made me upset. I know now what has happened...she has started her low low carb Atkins diet again, she's stressed out with moving to San Antonio, she got called for jury duty on her last week of work, and is just in general running out of hours in the day to do stuff in. I totally understand this. But on Tuesday, I called her because I really needed her on something, and she totally snapped at me, told me that she "didn't have time for me today", and that I would just have to deal with it on my own. And then didn't even apologize for the way she treated me. I am going to be the bigger person here and let it go...she's only going to be my manager for about two more weeks...but she is not getting that cross stitch from me now. I am highly picky about who I stitch things for, and I'm sorry, but I did not deserve that. I'm still going to plan her Happy Hour for her and I'll buy her a going-away gift, but I'm not spending hours on a gift for her now that I could be spending on Noah's Sub for my nursery. So, in case you were wondering, that's why the teacher gift is not on my list of what I'm currently stitching. I took it off Q snaps and threw it in my tiny project bag.

I guess that's all I have going on at the moment. My dogs are sulking because I have to walk them, and considering that I'm starting the day at a deficit with Spring Forward, I guess I better wrap this up and get going. I hope everyone enjoys what little is left of their weekend!

One last thing...shamelessly stolen from Sharon's blog...A-Z about me!

Accent: I've lived kind of all over the country, but I'm told oftentimes that I sound like I'm from the Midwest.
Bra size: 36B when I'm not pregnant, probably a 38C now
Chore I hate: grocery shopping, cleaning out the litter boxes (which I'm on a nine-month vacation from) and laundry
Dad's name: Dan
Essential make-up: lipgloss, pressed powder and mascara; with those three things, I can feel somewhat human
Favorite perfume: Obsession
Gold or Silver: White gold and silver
Hometown: Born in New York, ages 4-13 in Tempe, Arizona, ages 13-21 in North Carolina, and now reside in Dallas, Texas
Interesting fact: I am fairly good at speaking Spanish
Job title: Special Claims Representative
Kids: One on the way!
Living arrangements: ranch house, three bedrooms, two bathrooms
Mom's Birthplace: somewhere in New York
Number of apples eaten in last week: 3-5, can't remember exactly
Overnight hospital stays: umbilical hernia at the age of seven and removal of a oral cyst at the age of five
Phobia: sharks, bugs and confined spaces
Question you ask yourself a lot: Am I ready to be a mother?
Religious affiliation: Catholic
Siblings: one younger sister
Time I wake up: 8-8:30 am on work days, 11-12 on weekends
Unnatural hair color: my natural hair color is dark blonde, I prefer light blonde, so I color it
Vegetable I refuse to eat: Brussel sprouts
Worst habit: I am a chronic nail biter; I have to make a conscious effort not to do it
X-rays: lots of teeth x-rays, three ultrasounds (is that really an x-ray?), and one CAT scan
Yummy food I make: spinach artichoke dip, Rocky Road bars, cheesecake, brownies and chicken marsala
Zodiac sign: Taurus

Okay, now I'm really done!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to rain on your parade, here, and I know you stitch a lot faster than I do, but I have 486 hrs. into Noah's Sub as of today and I'm about 80% done! I hope you make it by June - I'll sure be cheering for you!

Congratulations on the little one on the way!

shadow5618
Teresa

1:32 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Hey, your blog is back! Yay!!! Hope you had a great time at your retreat. And keep eating. Trust me, soon you won't be able to stop.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home