Sunday, March 26, 2006

An exciting Saturday

My days, weeks and months are going by faster and faster now, and I realized the other day that this is never going to get better. In fact, it'll probably get MUCH worse as McKenna grows and gets more active in activities, and then even worser so when I have a SECOND baby!

So, I'm just going with the flow, getting stuff done as quickly as I can, and enjoying my downtime when I can get it. Which isn't often.

This was my day today. I slept in until 8:30 am, got up and fed McKenna and the dogs, ate breakfast, and worked for about forty-five minutes. Then, I froze all the milk that I pumped Friday, cleaned up the kitchen, and put away two loads of McKenna's laundry that has been sitting in her room for a few days. Then, time to get ready to go to my niece's fifth birthday party. I got home from that about five pm, and spent several hours playing with McKenna, nursing, etcetera, and in an attempt to get her to go to sleep, took her shopping at Michael's. After she fell asleep, I spent the rest of the night scrapbooking. At least it was a productive night...I got seven pages done. I realized today at my niece's party that if I don't step it up and quick, I'm going to drown in pictures and drown FAST. It won't be pretty!

McKenna's pages are going really really well. I have the first month completed and am now almost done with the second month, which includes her first Christmas, hanging out with both grandpas, her two-month checkup at the doctor's, her first trip to visit Santa, and her gorgeous first professional pictures. That's not what scares me.

What scares me is that I now have thirty pages completed, front and back. At the rate I'm going, I'm going to have probably three albums for McKenna's first year. YIKES.

Here's a shout out to the crack dealer if she ever has time to read my blog now that Scarborough Faire is in full swing...D, what did you DO!?!?!?!

Work is fine, but very busy as usual. I'm training a new adjuster again...and he's nice. And this next week is our big bonus day on Friday...it's like Christmas Day at my company, so I can't WAIT!

And a quickie update on the in-vitro saga from my infertility post some time ago, which by the way I really enjoyed reading the comments to...

S's betas never really doubled that well and she had an ultrasound this past week. The doctor saw an abnormal sac and told her to stop her meds since a miscarriage is imminent.

H's betas are rising nicely and she has a ultrasound scheduled this week to see the heartbeat.

And so it goes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Erica. Are you still doing BFL? Noticed your page has not been updated for a while.

Glad you are enjoying life so much, as crazy busy as it is!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Life goes much faster with little ones. Glad you're enjoying the scrapbooking, McKenna will have some wonderful history to look back on when she's older.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did I do? Apparently I created a monster. You know, you don't have to scrapbook *every* picture you take. :) But I totally empathize with you on how hard that is because they are all so great, aren't they? Well, don't worry, I'll keep plenty of white pages in stock for you. :)

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home