Saturday, March 04, 2006

I ain't no hollaback girl

But here's MY little hollaback girl! I was singing that song to her the morning that I was dressing her in this cute little cheerleader outfit and she just laughed and laughed...

Image hosting by Photobucket

New updates from babyland...McKenna can now HOLD A TOY in her hand!

Granted, she's still not aware that her hand is part of her. If I hold the toy in front of her face, she still doesn't reach for it, but if I poke her hand with a toy, she grasps it and holds it. Progress, progress.

Tonight, we took her out on the town...my sister-in-law threw my brother-in-law a surprise birthday party, and since the party was thrown together at the last minute, we had no choice but to take the baby with us. She had fun though, even though the EXTREMELY loud mariachi band woke her up. (Yes, my inlaws had a mariachi band at their party. Have I mentioned that McKenna is half-Mexican?)

And I am now working on her photos. I was going to do P's family photos next for the scrapbook, but they are just overwhelming...especially since I don't know who a lot of them are. And P said that he wants to go through them and sort out which photos he doesn't want me to do. Fine. I wanted to do McKenna's in the worst way anyway...after all, she's the reason why I started scrapping to begin with! I worked on them this afternoon. I didn't get a WHOLE lot done...I did the cover page with her birth announcement, a page for a letter that I wrote to her to read later, a page with our identification bands from the hospital with a picture and her hospital bassinette card, and a page with our labor and delivery photos. So far, they look GREAT, and I am having THE most fun assembling these pages. THIS is why I started to scrapbook! I even printed out her birth story to post in the pages for her to read later so she's not asking me in thirty years to remember how long it took me to dilate or how it was when I got the epidural.

If only I could get caught up to where I am scrapbooking in real time. According to my friend D the crack dealer, scrapbooking in real time is where you go to an event (like my party tonight with the mariachi band), take pictures, then get them printed/developed and scrapbook them as your next project, making a special trip to get supplies for that project.

Aaah. I can dream, can't I? I only have about a thousand photos to go before I reach that point!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute little thing McKenna is in her outfit. Sounds like you had fun at the party.
I've never done scrapbooking, unless you take into consideration I collected (and still do) postcards and always put them in a scrapbook.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Real time scrapping! People actually do that? I have just finished Sept.03 and thought I was doing pretty good...

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home