Tuesday, May 02, 2006

ER, can I help you?

The answer is a resounding YES.

Before you read this, please know that P, McKenna and I are all FINE.

But last night P and I checked ourselves into the ER for emergency treatment.

Yesterday morning, we both woke up and were fine. About 9:30 am, both of us started to have severe diarrhea. We didn't even realize that we both had it until we were talking later in the day and realized that we were both sick. P came home from work early, and by the time he came home, I was throwing up. It continued for the next two hours, and I finally begged P to take me to the emergency room. It was so bad that I couldn't keep anything down, not even a few sips of water.

I'll spare you the details, but fortunately my brother-in-law agreed to keep McKenna for the night and P and I went straight to the ER and were put on IVs of saline to rehydrate with meds for the nausea and diarrhea. We are both better now albeit very tired and headachey and not very hungry, but last night before they put me on that IV, I literally felt like I was going to die.

Thank GOD there is an ER five minutes from our house.

3 Comments:

Blogger natty68 said...

Take care both of you, and get plenty of rest and fluids. Hope you start to feel better soon.

*Hugs*

5:28 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Oh my gosh, Erica. That is so scary. Was it food poisoning since you both had it? I hope you are resting and that you and P are feeling better soon. (((((hugs)))))

5:39 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Oh no!! Hope you are both feeling much better VERY soon!!!

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home