Sunday, June 25, 2006

The baby food factory will be open only one night a week from now on...

I decided today that making one baby food every other night is just TOO HARD. I feel like I'm cleaning the kitchen constantly and if I ever want a prayer of a chance of getting back to the gym or stitching or scrapping during the week, I have to figure out another plan that doesn't involve buying food in jars.

So, my wonderful husband made a simple yet so ingenious suggestion...only cook once a week.

*gasp* What an astounding idea! Thank you, P!

So tonight I cooked all night...I steamed celery, baked sweet potatoes, boiled pears and peeled peaches, all to be made into puree. And that's it. I'm DONE until next weekend except for her new food this week, which I think is going to be papaya and will be simple since it's not cooked. When she runs out of one type of food, I'm just going to put it on my list and just buy it next weekend. I have plenty of ice cube trays now, so I'm all set for baby food making en masse.

I have a feeling I'm going to be making a schedule for myself from now on for things that I'm going to do only once a week...kind of like a pseudo-rotation, for those of you that remember my insane stitching rotation that I used to have once upon a time pre-children, but for chores. I'm going to think on it for a few more days before I formulate anything concrete, but there's just got to be some changes made around here or I'm going to go insane! My house is threatening to send me to the nuthouse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home