Friday, June 23, 2006

The week in review

Okay, some quick updates from the week.

First and farmost, I RETOOK AND PASSED MY TEST!!!!

VERY glad about this. Hopefully becoming a manager won't be too far away. I honestly don't know what the next step is...by the book, I have to wait until August to apply for the training program and then go through six weeks of training here in the office and then two weeks in California, but I'm really hoping if my manager gets desperate they speed that up a bit. I'm approaching massive burnout with field work...I just can't take it anymore!

McKenna had a pediatrician's appointment today. She now weighs 21 lbs, 13 oz, and is above the 95th percentile for weight. Height wasn't taken, but I think she's probably about 27" or 28" long. What can I say...it's not like she comes from petite munchkins. P and I are tall peeps! Her doctor was mighty impressed about the variety of foodies that she's eating, which makes me happy.

And this just in...McKenna is moving to Infants II on July 10, which is Primrose-speak for the more advanced babies, ie the ones that can sit up, crawl and walk. All her girly girlfriends are over there, so I'm excited for her that she gets to go over there soon! Just two more weeks!

Foodie status. My second batch of taters came out MUCH better and McKenna is very lukewarm about them. I think it might be a texture thing. She'll eat them better if I mix in fruit, so today I gave her potatoes and mango mixed together and she was happy. Personally, I think it's a disgusting combination, but whatever!

Last night I went to Kroger VERY late to get food for her and some other stuff, and I bought a butternut squash. I've never made a squash before and I don't recall ever tasting butternut squash before, so this was quite an adventure. At first, I was like, $5 for ONE squash? Then, after I got it home and started peeling and dicing it, I saw where that money went. I now have enough butternut squash to feed to McKenna every day for a full month.

And guess WHAT, she likes it! I can't say I blame her...it's very sweet!

Overall, this week has been hellishly busy. I've been up late almost every night doing stuff like making baby food, working, laundry, cleaning, cooking, whatever. No scrapbooking though. Boo. But tomorrow I'm going to a crop at a friend's house, so that'll be a good time! I'm working on the princess pictures, which is always great fun!

Happy weekend to all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

congratulations on passing your test! Knew that you would!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Congratulations on passing your test!!!!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Congrats on passing!!! I knew you would.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home