Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back in the field

I wanted to post a very quick update regarding my career plans to move into upper management. As I posted earlier this year, I was going to go ahead and post for the management training program with my company and start the process this spring. However, one of the prerequisites is to pass a test.

I took that test in mid-April and found out a few weeks ago to my great disappointment that I did not pass. I was utterly shocked and completely surprised since I thought that I did really well. I requested that the test be regraded. My managers complied with my request, and I found out on Friday that the grade is standing.

I can take the test again next month but it doesn't matter...the next time to apply for the program is in August.

Which means I'm left with a really LONG summer of field work.

Yes, it sucks. I have been waiting to share it in my blog until I knew for sure what was going to happen.

Anyway, that's the scoop there. I still can't believe I failed and it hurts to even read it, but there it is.

In other news, McKenna's latest addition to her culinary repertoire is peaches. We took her to the farmers market here in Dallas on Sunday and bought a ton of fresh produce. So far, the peaches seem to be a hit. I'm giving her mango on Friday...already have the mango ready to go in the freezer. And those toofers....they sure are getting big! I'll try to get a picture posted very soon of her and her new teeth.

Other than that, not much going on. I've gotten three fires in the last week, and they are keeping me super duper busy. I also donated blood today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home