Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Can I brag on my child?

I know that these "wow, McKenna's eating" posts are getting old, but I'm just so proud of this kid. This is the last avocado post, I swear!

Today when I picked up McKenna at school, one of her teachers confided in me that the morning teachers are WAAAAY impressed that McKenna's eating avocado. Most of the other kids won't even eat applesauce, and MY DAUGHTER is eating AVOCADO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And tonight when I gave her dinner, she ate ALL of her bananas and barely spit any of them out. She's learning! I can even see her chewing sort of! She will open her mouth, accept what I have to give her, savor it and swallow.

Ahh. I love it.

And even though my milk is coming back very nicely, this kid is drinking a LOT now...so I'm giving her formula with no problems. I'm trying to do her daytime bottles half and half, but tonight after I nursed her, she was clearly still hungry, so I mixed a little formula and voila, she drank it down. It's not bothering me anymore...I'm doing all I can do and she's getting every drop of what I have.

I. Am. So. Proud. Of. McKenna!

And she's close to crawling or something resembling crawling. I came in this morning to find her playing with her baby monitor this time. Ay caramba!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

That's awesome that she likes "different" food. My son loves to have dish of kalamata olives for a snack. I can see him taking them to Kindergarten in Sept.

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home