Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Four days until the baptism!

And I feel like such a responsible godmother!

Our verifications forms are signed and on file with my niece's parish. We went out tonight and bought her baptismal gown and her first crucifix pendant as a gift. McKenna's dress is at the cleaners ready to be picked up and worn to Mass on Sunday. I don't know what I'm going to wear yet nor does P, but we are ready to go. I just need to stop and get a card and a gift bag tomorrow for the gifts.

And I'm excited! This is my first baptism! Well, other than my own, of course, and I don't remember it, obviously.

We probably went a little overboard with the gifts, but we didn't get my niece anything when she was born, so we're playing catch up. Plus, do you know how hard it is to find a baptismal gown for a one-year-old? We were SO lucky that we found what we did!

This is a special day and I doubt we'll ever be godparents again since my sister and I aren't speaking and my husband's brothers and sisters are finished having children. I consider the role as godmother to be a serious one and I intend to not only set a good example for my own daughter by going to church regularly and getting more involved with my parish, but also for my goddaughter, S.

And as coincidence would have it, Sunday is my birthday, so I will never forget her baptism day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

Happy Birthday in advance Erica! And please post pics of McKenna in her outfit. I'll bet she'll be adorable!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home