Sunday, June 18, 2006

The ultimate scrapbooking comment

Today, I unveiled the piece de resistance at our father's day dinner at my in-law's house...the "piece" being my forty-two page scrapbook of my husband's family photographs that I've been working on since oh, about January, when I first started scanning the photographs. I officially began scrapping them in April, and finished up this past week. I've used three packs of natural Creative Memories 12x12 pages, three packs of page protectors, at least one roll of tape runner adhesive, countless stickers, lots of decorative specialty paper, lots of cardstock, over 175 photographs, and one forest green coverset.

I was very nervous about how everyone would react since I have oodles and oodles of my mother-in-law in the book. I was a little scared that I would get tears. No one cried, but my sister-in-law wouldn't look at it past the first six pages, and my brother-in-law didn't even want to look at any of them. My father-in-law looked at it the longest...which really made me feel great.

I got lots and lots of compliments from those that wanted to look at it. Everyone was really impressed with my creativity, organization, and desire to create something for McKenna and my other child-to-be that they will be able to treasure for years to come.

However, the BEST compliment I got was from my other brother-in-law, R. He said looking through the book was like seeing his life go by in about five minutes.

I think that says it all. Mission accomplished.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

That was great compliment your BIL gave you. I'm sure your scrapbook is lovely. How do you like the natural pages? My friend that sells CM products is trying to convert me. I will be using a black Masterpiece coverset with black pages to do a portrait album this fall. I have too many portraits on the wall and some not even framed yet. I thought it would be better to have most of them in a nice book and only a few choice ones on the wall.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

You know, I didn't like them at all when I first saw them, but now I'm sold. They are VERY nice. Overall, I'm pleased with all Creative Memories things, especially the tools...I just think their paper and cardstock is a little overpriced.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home