Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I am now the owner of THE ANIMAL

That's code for "I just bought the most expensive vacuum on the market." Well, not really...there are a few others that are more. But considering that all of my vacuums to date have been Dirt Devils from Wal-Mart, this is definitely a step up. In case you are still scratching your head at what I speak of, I'm referring to a Dyson Animal vacuum which is designed specifically to suck up pet hair, which I have in abundance in my humble abode. And if you are still scratching your head, then where have you been? It seems like EVERYONE I know either has a Dyson and proclaims it the most awesome appliance they own or knows someone that has it and is envious. In the words of my bud J, the Animal is "flippin awesome"! Umm. We'll see. I don't want to get my hopes up TOO high for what this vacuum will produce, but everyone has said that our carpet will look dramatically different after we use it.

Considering that McKenna's days of just sitting around are about to come to an end, we decided that it's high time we got a decent vacuum and did something about our dog/cat hair carpet all over our house. Monday we both have the day off from work, and McKenna's school is open, so we are taking her in and WE are spending the day at home. Alone. CLEANING.

Goals:

-to have all laundry done
-to have all floors washed and/or vacuumed
-to have all loose items put away in their spot
-to have both bathrooms cleaned
-for the house to have a pleasant smell about it
-to actually like being home instead of wanting to run away screaming from it

Okay, so let's see if this thing is as great as it's reputed to be...I'm leaving now and will come back with before and after pictures of the carpet.

Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Can't wait to see what you think! It didn't get very good reviews at Consumer Reports, and we couldn't afford one anyway, but I sure did think about it when we recently bought a new one. I'm dying to see the pictures!

9:53 PM  
Blogger natty68 said...

I love my animal, I got the ball version when it came out last year here in the UK :) It makes the carpet look brand new again, and it literally sucks those pet hairs up with hardly any effort. The only bug bear I have with it is I have to keep emptying the dust collector thingy, and its a bit heavy to keep carting up and and down the stairs. But apart from that its brilliant :)

*Hugs*

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh - we love our Dyson! I am suspicious of the Consumer Reports report - I have vacuumed with many, many vacuums and nothing has come close. What were they doing? How did they test?

(This isn't directed at Erin - I've wondered for a long time!)

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home