Saturday, September 25, 2004

Today is another day!

I do feel better today and not as teary. And I think that nothing will make me feel better than a nice quiet day of uninterrupted stitching to clear my head and help me relax. It never fails. There are so many times when I take a few days off from work and spend them doing nothing but stitching. I'm a firm believer that it is highly therapeutic! Today, I'd really like to get Enchanted Dreamer's time finished up and maybe get out my wedding sampler OR, he he, start Sleeping Beauty. I am such a sucker for new projects. I also have a huge mountain of laundry that I have had piling up for a week. I've done a load here and there over the last two weeks, just enough to keep me going, but it really is something that needs to be done and done NOW. I'd like to make it to the gym, but I feel really tired and draggy, almost like I could be coming down with something, and I hate to push it. So tomorrow. Today, I just want to veg out and be lazy.

P is going to Paris today with some friends to do some "guy" stuff...not sure what that entails and I don't want to know, but he has his rifle and bow in the Explorer, so I'm sure they'll be doing some "pre-hunting" preparations. Whatever. It just means that I have the house to myself for the day and night, and to be honest, I'm very relieved about that. I think some quiet time to myself will be very nice. And that's why my mood for today is "alone". I'm stealing an idea from Sharon's blog to choose a mood for every day in the order of the alphabet...I like that!

I don't really have much to post about right now. I am feeling that little tug to work, so I may allow myself to work for an hour, two tops, and then that's IT for the day. Then, it's me time. We bought a whole bunch of DVDs at Best Buy last week, so I have plenty of stuff to keep me busy, and I might run down to Blockbuster and get some new ones too. It's going to be a peaceful day.

Weekend Wonderings...

1. When someone offends you, do you let them know or let it slide? Depends on how much they annoy me. If it's a minor annoyance and I don't feel it's worth it to bring it up, I'll let it go, but if it's something that really gets under my skin, I'll bring it to the surface. This particularly applies to work, as people annoy me on a daily basis, and for the most part, especially with my customers, I have to let it go. Unfortunately, part of being an insurance adjuster is taking a fair amount of crap from people and saying nothing about it, although one of my favorite lines to use with people is, "You know, it's really not very nice to speak to me that way." Never fails to make the other person feel about an inch tall.
2. Do you think of yourself as shy or outgoing? Definitely outgoing. I can talk your ear off.
3. Do you usually have a pretty free schedule or do you have something planned for every night? I don't usually officially plan stuff, but I always have stuff to do every night. I usually have a good idea in the morning what I'll be doing that night, whether it be working late, going to the gym, grocery shopping, out to dinner with P, stitching, vegging, manicuring, whatever. On the weekends, I'm pretty free as well.

Saturday Special!

1. Does solitude aid or hinder your creative pursuits? Aids. I work much better when I am alone and no one is bothering me. And I have to be very creative sometimes in my job.
2. What relative do you most resemble in personality? As much as I hate to admit it, I'm most like my mother.
3. List the 3 best things about being you. I love it that I am content staying home. I really am...my house is my favorite place to be, despite spending so much time here. I love it that I am a good stitcher...stitching is my favorite activity. And I consider myself to be highly intelligent, which is great!
4. First thing I thought when I opened my eyes this morning was ____. When I first woke up this morning, I remembered a dream that I had last night...I dreamed that I decided I wanted another tattoo of interlocking dolphins on my right hip and that we had gone to a tattoo place (other than the place where I got my last one) and the guy had told me that I was really beautiful and that he would draw a tattoo on me anytime! Weird dream!

5. What do you want right now? Right now, I want to be not thinking about work, which is an impossibility. I just have so much to do, and the faxes just keep coming in with more supplements.

The Daily Dirt!

1. What's your favorite song? "Just Like Heaven" by the Cure.
2. What song do you hate the most? I absolutely can NOT stand "Fly Like An Eagle". It doesn't matter who sings it...I hate it.
3. What song do you hear most on the radio? I can't really answer this. I haven't listened to the radio in a while since I got my mp3 player, and I listen to my CD player when I'm driving.
4. What song describes you the most? "It's My Life"...one thing I really hate is to be told how to live my life.
5. Could you write a song and then sing it? No.

I hope everyone has a super weekend! Check back later this weekend and I should have a picture posted for a WIP update! It seems like it's been a long time since I posted Egyptian Sampler.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mia said...

Erica, I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better. I am pretty much doing the same thing you are today...stitching and laundry. It is now 4:30 PM in PA and I have had a most excellent day. I like these kind of down time days. It even made the laundry seem like fun. (((((ERICA))))) Enjoy your day!!!!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

Hi Erica, I hope you enjoyed your day of stitching. I also spent the day stitching and it definitely relaxes me. Jo

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home