Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Get the sensation!

My newest addiction (or latest craving, whatever you want to call it) is York Peppermint Patties. For some reason I just can't seem to get enough of that chocolate mint combination. Fortunately, they are low in fat, so it's not a totally heinous thing to indulge in from time to time, but it's pure sugar, so it's not good. To be honest, I need to really clean it up and FAST! I am feeling the jiggle!

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments about E. She has a feeding tube in now and is finally at last able to sleep comfortably. I'm not sure what they are going to do but I think she is going home this week sometime. I was going to go visit her tonight in the hospital, but P called me and said she was too tired for visitors so I just went home after my last claim.

The reason for the impatient feeling...is because I am DYING already to take a pregnancy test even though I know it would be wasted at this point. We've now been trying to get pregnant for eight whole days...it's just not been enough time. But I've been feeling kind of funny the last few days...very tired, headachey, a little twinge of nausea this afternoon...but of course, I could just be feeling like crud and trying to convince myself that I'm pregnant! Or it could be the prenatal vits making me feel funny. Baby fever is abounding in this house. We went out to Chili's tonight for a quick bite (something that is going to have to come to an end soon when we start our baby budget) and it was nothing but baby talk for the whole meal. We're toying with the idea of doing our nursery in an ocean theme. I had always said I would do a Noah's Ark theme but I kinda like the idea of doing fish and stuff instead!! And Noah's Submarine would look great in there. Plus it's more my style...and an ocean theme could be great whether we have a boy or a girl. I love the idea of doing an underwater mural on the wall. I got that idea from
Kirsten! Anyway, my friend C brought her 3D ultrasound pictures to work today, and I just couldn't stop looking at them. SO cute!

Something really great happened today, which I desperately need right now. P and I have finally finalized plans for the "Baby Budget" as we're calling it, and it's going to start on October 15. If we can stick to it and be sensible, I think we can really make some headway on our debt and save some money before we have a child. One of the main things was to get our credit card debt organized so to speak...we called and lowered the rates significantly on one of our major cards (who knew all you had to do was call and ask?) and then I qualified today for a American Express Blue account with a balance transfer rate of 3.99% for the life of the loan. The great thing about it though is that I qualified for a large enough limit to transfer all of our smaller cards on there, allowing us to shut those smaller accounts down. I think now that we have a plan, it's going to start going along quickly. Ultimately, I wish we could qualify for a home equity loan, but we just haven't been in our house long enough to do that yet, so this is the next best thing. Anyway, it was a ray of sunshine in my otherwise gloomy day. I feel like there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel to financial freedom...well, okay, maybe freedom isn't quite the appropriate word to use when you are starting a family, but it sure would be nice not to be saddled with all this debt that I racked up when I was young and stupid!

Only one meme for today...the
Stitching Blogger's QOTW...

Thread organization: plastic bobbins, yes or no? How do you organize your threads? I don't use bobbins at all, plastic or cardboard. My threads are stored coiled up in loose piles in three tool cabinets (with tiny drawers) and then when I pull floss for projects, I use Flossaway bags. My Kreiniks and Prism metallics are stored in plastic boxes.

That's it...I'm off to watch Nip Tuck and stitch on Garden Verses. I hope to have a picture up tonight!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hint hint* Try putting those York Peppermint Patties in the freezer..... they're heavenly frozen.

Good luck with the baby quest and FWIW, I started feeling strange within one week of a missed period with both of my children.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try taking those prenatals before bed. They used to make me really sick and my OB suggested it. I have been taking them at that night ever since. It definitely helps!

Good luck and I hope to hear good news soon!

- Kari

6:03 AM  
Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

If you like York Peppermint Patties have you tried the "poppable" version? (and, yes, they're GREAT in the freezer! *EG*

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home