Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Some really horrible news

This will be brief, but I will answer my memes.

My mother-in-law had breast cancer a few years ago, had a mastectomy and survived.

However, I'm sure you know that cancer victims are more likely than others to develop it elsewhere?

My mother-in-law, who is one of the sweetest people I have ever met, has now developed brain cancer in the way of tumors in her brain. The prognosis, while up in the air right now, is not good. They are treating her with radiation therapy and chemotherapy, and we should know more in a few weeks. Worst case scenario given was eight weeks.

To say that her family is devastated is a gross understatement. My husband is beside himself and I can hardly look at her without breaking down into tears. She's trying so hard to be strong, but she has an inflammation of her throat right now that is preventing her from swallowing, and thus has not had a whole food meal in a week. And she's afraid to sleep because she's afraid of choking on her own saliva. She looks so fragile and weak.

Anyway, that's what is going on right now in my world. It's really horrible. My plan to start a new BFL challenge yesterday has gone up in smoke. While my food is great, I have yet to make it to the gym yet. I'm just exhausted, I'm going through caffeine withdrawal, and tonight we spent the whole evening at my inlaws' house. We plan to spend the night over there tomorrow night as well.

Please, if you pray, keep my mother-in-law E in your prayers.

Memes for today...

Chick Chat:

1. Bra's: Underwire or Softcup? Underwire.
2. Do you wish your 'girls' were bigger? No. A B cup is perfect for me.
3. Have you ever used cleavage to get your way? Not intentionally! *grin*
4. How many Victoria's Secret bras do you own? Twelve. The
unlined demi bra rocks!
5. Would you get implants if they were free? Yes, but not for the size. I don't like the shape of my breasts and would like implants for the shaping.

Tuesday Twosome:

1. Two things you love about the FALL The leaves changing and Thanksgiving
2. Two things you dislike about the FALL The fact that in Dallas, it's not long enough, and the leaves DON'T change!
3. Two things do you want to accomplish in the FALL I just registered for an INS 22 class which is on personal insurance and I want to pass it. I'm taking it in November. The other thing is a secret...and I'm not telling until I have accomplished it. *evil grin*
4. Do you enjoy the changing of seasons and why? Absolutely...I love the cold air, the changing of the seasons, and the smells that are just so heightened in the fall.
5. Two colors that
exemplify FALL for you Brown and burgundy.

TV Tuesday:

1. It's off to an easy start, what's your favorite channel? FX.
2. What shows are on your favorite channel? Nip Tuck and Rescue Me.
3. Does your favorite channel change often or are you a loyal watcher? Nope, that's pretty much my favorite.
~Bonus~ How much of a creature of habit are you? Do you have a daily or weekly viewing schedule? Is your TV or Cable programmed to switch channels even if you're not there? I am so boring when it comes to tv. I watch Six Feet Under and Entourage on Sundays, Nip Tuck on Tuesdays (it's on in 30 minutes), Survivor and CSI on Thursdays. That's it.

I hope everyone is having a better week than I.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kiwi Jo said...

(((((((((Erica))))))))))

5:31 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Erica, I am so sorry to hear the news of your dear mother in law. Please know that I will keep her, your DH, you and her entire family in my prayers.
Love and Gentle Hugs,
Mia

6:30 AM  
Blogger Thermalgal said...

Your entire family is in my thoughts.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

(((Erica))) I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Lots of good thoughts being sent her way and to all of your family.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Oh Erica! I'm so so sorry to hear this hun :( Hugs and prayers for your family.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

{{{{{Erica}}}}}

You and your family are in my thoughts. Hang in there!

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Erica, that is just horrible news. I hope you and P are alright. I'm so sorry to hear that. - Lisa

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Erica, You, P, and all of your family. Are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fiona

12:42 PM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Erica, I'm so sorry. I'm thinking of you, P, and all of your family. {{{hugs}}}

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home