Monday, October 04, 2004

Hopelessness

This will be brief. I'm just not in the mood tonight to type much.

My mother-in-law's oncologist handed down the verdict today...and that is that her cancer is incurable. They are going to continue the radiation and chemo treatments in an effort to control the growths in her brain and keep them from getting bigger, but the bottom line is that this cancer is going to end her life and it is a question now of when, not if. She's already starting to show signs of brain damage and dementia. What they are going to concentrate on now is improving her quality of life so that she can enjoy the time that she has left with her family.

I've been crying a lot tonight ever since I heard the news. I can't believe that we are already losing one of P's parents. E's only 66...she's too young to be losing this fight already!

Please pray for a miracle...I don't know if one is even possible at this point. I'll try to write more tomorrow if I can.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Hi Erica-
I've been reading your blog for awhile but never commented. I just wanted to wish you and your family the best of luck during these difficult times and you are all in my prayers. Stay strong.

4:35 AM  
Blogger Trish said...

Dear Erica,

I was so saddened to hear the news of your MIL. My prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Hugs

Trish

4:57 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Erica, my heart goes out to you, P and your dear MIL and her family. I will pray very hard for her and all of you. Treasure your time with her. Lots of Hugs, Love, Mia

6:54 AM  
Blogger Christine S said...

(((Erica))) I'm so sorry to hear of your MIL's prognosis and will be sending many, many good thoughts your way that a miracle happens. Please feel free to email me if you need to talk.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{Erica}}
-Kari

9:14 AM  
Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Erica. Sending lots of prayers for your entire family.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

I'm really sorry to hear the awful news, Erica. I'll keep your family in my prayers. *hugs*

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home