Friday, October 01, 2004

My new doctor

First of all, thanks to everyone for the kind comments in my blog left this week, both about my mother in law and the decision to procreate. I sure appreciate it! I don't have any news about my mother in law...but I'll keep you posted.

The procreation process is underway! Today I met with my new doctor here in my town (thanks for the referral, D!) and she is really nice...and was really surprised at how conscientious I was being to actually come in before I conceived for a check-up. I have ten different samples of prenatal vitamins to try out and decide which ones I like so she can write me a prescription. I don't know how I would decide which ones I like...I guess just the ones that don't make me sick? She was happy to hear that I've been taking the multi, but said that these will be better. So we'll see. I started with Cenogen Ultra today, so anybody that's used that, let me know what you thought of it! She thought that it was most impressive that I had lost so much weight, and better yet, that I did it the HEALTHY way and not by having my stomach stapled! She just thought it was incredible and said that the fact that I'm in good physical condition with healthy eating habits is just great. We went over my medical history and she's going to do some bloodwork to check for vaccinations and things, and get my records from my old doctor, but said otherwise that I should proceed forward and call her in December for my annual check-up or if I get pregnant, whichever comes first. She said to limit my caffeine intake to no more than two drinks of diet soda or tea a day (which is SUCH a relief) since I'm not drinking coffee, no more cleaning of the litter boxes (no problem there!), no alcohol, sushi or rare beef whatsover (I about had a hernia when she told me about the rare beef...that hadn't even occurred to me!), keep working out like I've been doing but be careful not to let my heartrate go over 140 just in case, and that I'm fine for now with work, but that when I actually get pregnant, no more roofs. I guess that eliminates the possibility of me not telling people at work! She said that working in the fires though is fine since I don't have any respiratory problems or asthma, but that I need to avoid any toxic substances like pesticides.

So, game on, so to speak!

Anyway, that's about it for me right now. I'm getting a fire for Monday in Wichita Falls which is about three hours away, so that'll be a fun field trip. P's going hunting this weekend, so I'm going to be spending some time with a friend stitching and going to pick up my framed rocking horse tomorrow at that framing shop. Sunday I have plans to help my friend S with some work stuff...she is taking a test to become a supervisor and needs some help with her estimating skills.

Thursday's Tattle!

How many "close" friends do you have? A lot. I have three very close friends at work, several close stitching friends, and numerous friends online that I'm close with.
Do you still talk to your grade school/high school friends? We email occasionally, but the contact has dropped off for the most part.
If not, do you wish you stayed in contact? I wish we did, yes, but everyone has moved on with their lives.
Ever been to a reunion? No. I was in California for large loss school when my ten year reunion was scheduled.
Were you nervous about going? I would have been, yes.
How long is your longest friendship and what is the name of that person? I have been friends with my friend S in North Carolina since we were thirteen...so sixteen years.

Friday Feast!

Appetizer What sound, other than the normal ringing, would you like your telephone to make? I'd like it if my office phone would meow when I'm getting a call. My cell phone already has rings on it that I love..."Every Breath You Take" by the Police, "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen, "It's My Life" by No Doubt, "Back on the Chain Gang" by the Pretenders and the 007 theme.
Soup Describe your usual disposition in meteorological terms (partly cloudy, sunny, stormy, etc.). Definitely sunny. I'm cheerful most of the time.
Salad What specific subject do you feel you know better than any other subjects? Insurance! Definitely.
Main Course Imagine you were given the ability to remember everything you read for one entire day. What books/magazines/newspapers would you choose to read? Interesting question. I guess I would read the Blue Book of Residential Construction from cover to cover!
Dessert If a popular candy maker contacted you to create their next candy bar, what would it be like? It would be a combination of chocolate, raspberry and coconut. Yum.

I hope everyone has a super weekend!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Wow! Sounds like you picked a GREAT doctor! She seems like she really cares, and will take the time to get to know you, instead of just walking in for a few seconds and reading off your chart (that really bugs me!). It's good to have a doctor you like so that all the trips to the office (and there will be a TON) won't be such a chore! Now, just relax and let nature take over - this is the fun part ;)

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home