Saturday, May 21, 2005

Grease is the word!

I have had a ticket to see Grease, the musical, for about three months, with my old boss Queenie and one of my old team members, A. So last night we all met up, had dinner, and then went to see it.

Truthfully, it sucked. I don't know if I was expecting something loosely based on the movie, but it wasn't anything like the movie at ALL. Very disappointing. Things were in the wrong order, they totally changed a lot of things around, and the acting was purely high school stuff.

But the cool thing was that Frankie Avalon was in it as the Guardian Angel and sang "Beauty School Dropout", and that was very cool. I didn't even know he was in it until we got our programs last night. He sounded just as good in it last night as he did when the original movie came out, and that was what, over twenty years ago? Anyway, that was the one good thing about the show, but that was the only thing.

However, spending time with Queenie was not as fun as I had hoped. She didn't have much to say to me at all, didn't ask about my pregnancy and how it was going, or any of that. I didn't really know what to think. I'm sure a big part of her is really envious since she's been trying to get pregnant for over a year with no success, so I'm just going to chalk it up to that.

My first day back to work yesterday was fine. I got a fire in my neighborhood first thing in the morning, so I went out there yesterday afternoon, which I think the guy really appreciated, and got it done. Poor guy had a fire occur in his garage while he was at work. He is SO lucky that his garage is airtight or else his whole house would have burned down. As it was, he lost two motorcycles, and a whole garage of stuff.

Today we are waiting for the Dish Network guy to come and set up their version of Tivo on our system, so until he comes, we are stuck here, but I think after that, we are going to hit Home Depot for paint now that my wallpaper border is here. I can't wait.

Okay, now for my tags since I didn't get to them Thursday...I fell asleep on my bed after my doctor's appointment. Which, by the way, went fabulously...P heard the heartbeat, my doctor was on her best behavior, and I have my appointment for the BIG ultrasound scheduled for June 21 at 9 am.

Tag from Kari:

If I could be a scientist . . .
If I could be a farmer . . .
If I could be a musician . . .
If I could be a doctor . . .
If I could be a painter . . .
If I could be a gardener . . .
If I could be a missionary . . .
If I could be a chef . . .
If I could be an architect . . .
If I could be a linguist . . .
If I could be a psychologist . . .
If I could be a librarian . . .
If I could be an athlete . . .
If I could be a lawyer . . .
If I could be an inn-keeper . . .
If I could be a professor . . .
If I could be a writer . . .
If I could be a llama-rider . . .
If I could be a bonnie pirate . . .
If I could be an astronaut . . .
If I could be a world famous blogger . . .
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world . . .
If I could be married to any current famous political figure...

If I could be an inn-keeper, I would have a hotel with rooms decorated in one color...so you could either stay in the red room, the orange room, the yellow room, and so on. I think that would be very cool. If I could be a professor, I'd teach mathematics in a way that people could better understand it and learn it. If I could be a writer, I'd write children's stories that would favor fairy tales.

And my tags: how about Shannon, Dana and Terri? (the ones from below that don't have this one already in their blogs)

Tag from Suz:

1) Total number of books I've owned: I couldn't even venture to guess this one but if I had to make a guess, counting all the books I had as a child, as a young adult, as a college student, and now as an adult, probably somewhere around 1,000. Now, I'd say I probably own less than 100. I just don't have room to keep books in the house, so I usually buy them at Half Priced Books, read them, and then either give them to friends or trade them back in.
2) The last book I bought: I bought three books at this thrift shop in Lincoln, NH, for 99 cents each...Wings by Danielle Steel (I normally don't read DS, but she's an easy read and this is a HARDBACK book for a buck...I can probably trade it into Half Priced Books for at least two dollars), The Andromeda Strain and Sphere, both by Michael Crichton. Those last two are two of the few by Crichton I have not read. I also bought The Horse Whisperer for my stepmom.
3) The last book I read: The King of Torts by John Grisham
4) Five books that mean a lot to me: Gone With The Wind by Margaret Mitchell, The Notebook by Nicholas Evans, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler, and Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy.
5) Tag five people for filling this out on their blogs: I think most everyone has been tagged, but I'll give it a whirl...how about Emily's mommy to be, Lady Mary, M's mom (as a thank you for the first tag), a snarky mom, and a fresh new college graduate!

And one last one that I got from Erin's blog...

Instructions: Press each letter in the address bar of your browser and list what the auto-complete function jumps to first. (I'm altering this a bit and picking one since the first choice oftentimes is something like a drive or something boring.)

A- Albertson's (I use that to price groceries online for my customers)
B- Baby Stuff (I have a folder for my bookmarks titled Baby Stuff where I save all the links that people send me for the perfect must-have baby gadget)
C- Cinemark (I was checking out times for the new Star Wars movie that I am DYING to see)
D- Dooce (one of the funniest blogs I've ever read)
E- Ebay (I've been surfing that a lot lately for maternity clothes)
F- Famous Birthdays (Tchaikovsky has the same birthday as moi!)
G- Gap (I guess I was checking out their maternity clothes)
H- Hallmark (thanks to everyone that sent me birthday ecards)
I- The Itsiest Blog (Kari's)
J- Janlynn (someone sent me the link for Finding Nemo cross stitch this morning)
K- Kenmore (my customers always lose their refrigerators in fires either due to fire damage or loss of power)
L- The Lego Star Wars video game that Erin wrote about in her blog a long time ago that I checked out but refused to even try for fear of getting lost in it
M- The Meet The Fockers website for fodder for my Sunday Brunch meme
N- The North Texas Tollway Authority webpage (I get my tolltag statements here to turn in each month for reimbursement by my company)
O- The Ocean Wonders baby musical mobile that I really really really want!
P- a bunch of EZBoard webpages (shows you how much time I spend surfing bulletin boards!)
Q- the Quotations Page for my Sunday Brunch meme
R- The Room Store Texas (since we're now couch shopping...Katie finished the job on our couches Thursday morning when we were at the doctor's office)

S- Sea Creatures Mobile (my second choice in mobiles)
T- Target (best store for not only shopping, but pricing things for my estimates!)
U- The UCLA store (I was looking for a price on a graduation announcement cover for one of my estimates

V- Verizon...I love my webpage for stitching!
W- Wal-Mart (not a great store for shopping, but somewhat decent for pricing estimates)
X- the direct link to my Xactimate estimates, the estimating program I use for my structural bids
Y- Yahoo, of course!
Z- nothing for Z...I guess I don't shop too many internet stores that start with Z

I guess that's it. The Tivo man is still not here, but I have two very sulky couch-chewers staring at me, willing me to walk them. So, I'm off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, which ones am I supposed to answer? The book one, I get. I don't get the "If I could be a...". Am I supposed to just pick one or do them all?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Quennie's response is pretty much to be expected. It can be incredably difficult for someone suffering from infertility to ask about/get excited about/comment on the pregnancy of a friend or stranger. You're right, there is a lot of envy there, but she does have some decent reasons to be envious. She may or may not come around, it just depends on what she can handle. It's not you, but than again, it's not her. It just is.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home