Thursday, May 05, 2005

So far, so good, so sad...

Well, it's after midnight, and I survived today without any problems. No cramping, no spotting, nothing. It was fine.

Of course, other than my crying jag about an hour ago.

Nothing seems to have gone right this week at all. I got two fire assignments on Monday...both with women that are old, cranky and don't want some kid who is less than half their age telling them what she will and won't pay for. Seven hours in the field on Tuesday with two hours of computer time that night, and then seven hours in the field on Wednesday with three hours of computer time that night. Nineteen hours on TWO CLAIMS, not to mention all the time I spent on Monday setting up the claims. Then, when I put in my request for overtime, my boss denied it on the basis that "I don't really need to be working any more and pushing it this hard when I'm pregnant" and said that he wants me to take it easy, relax and stop working so much at this pace...that he's afraid that I will get high blood pressure. Yeah. First of all, this is the way I've worked for four years, I'm not going to change now, and it has served me well. Second, my medical status is none of his business. Third, why didn't he think of that before he gave me two fire assignments???

Okay, rant over. I'm just frustrated. But I guess there's worse things. I'm getting all next week off new assignments, I only have to work three hours tomorrow and can take the rest of the day off, and Saturday is my 30th birthday, so there are definitely worse things in life! I plan on sleeping super late tomorrow, going to lunch with P, and then making a pineapple upside-down cake for my mother-in-law for Mother's Day tomorrow night.

But the crying...well, I guess that just erupted from a plethora of things. My crappy day at work and the discussion with my boss. The fact that I got yelled at over the phone by three of my customers. The fact that I have had no desire to stitch on anything this entire week. The fact that I emailed my mother yesterday to tell her about the pregnancy and still have not heard a response from her. (We haven't spoken since the whole check incident.) The fact that I had a serious issue with PayPal that delayed me getting my very adorable Finding Nemo ceiling fan. The fact that I'm developing acne in very strange places...the side of my cheek, my upper lip, my shoulders. The fact that I have not felt "right" all evening...I'm a combination of very tired, upset tummy and sad. And lastly, the fact that the masseuse that gave me a massage on Saturday at the stitching retreat did something wrong, I think, and hurt the muscles in the center of my back and now they ache.

I'm just a big pile of hormones! The only thing that is making me smile right now is my birthday dinner out at Boi Na Braza Saturday night and my upcoming vacation to New Hampshire starting a week from Saturday.

Ugh. I'm going to bed.


Blogger WhizGidget said...

Oh Moira.... {{{{hug}}}} I'm sorry you had a bit of a crappy time there.

I figure the crying was a result of the anticipation of the passing of the milestone you were waiting on and the resultant relief.

Enjoy that week off... you deserve it. {hug}

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hormones, hormones, hormones.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Sorry that it was such one for you! Hope your weekend goes better!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Jill in CA said...

(((Erica))) Oh yes, I do NOT miss the hormones from when I was pregnant. I'm very happy that you have passed the milestone you were anticipating, and Happy (early) Birthday!!!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous shondratasha said...


3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home