Thursday, June 30, 2005

And only one more night it was!

At the present time, my house is 73 degrees, which matches the temperature that my thermostat is set on. Three weeks to the day from when our air conditioner first broke.

I can't really express how grateful I am to the company that saved us. I honestly don't think I could take another day in the hot house. Today was pretty bad while I was waiting for the guys to finish the installation. They reported that the highest it got in the house at about 2 pm was 88 degrees. And THIS with a window unit running. If I hadn't had that poor window unit, I can only imagine how hot it would have gotten in here.

My Lennox units are beautiful. They are large. They are quiet. Most importantly, THEY WORK.
We have so learned our lesson through this journey. Even though we ended up paying about $800 more for our new system than we were going to pay the original jerks, P and I agreed that it was worth every penny. You truly DO get what you pay for.

My master bedroom painting is finished with the exception of some touch ups on the door and jamb to the bathroom and touch ups on the closet baseboards, but all the furniture is back in place and the sheets are clean and fresh. I am ready for the first good night of sleep in weeks. And I don't have to be at work until 11:30, which means that I get to sleep in!! My boss already told me he's not approving my overtime request, so I might as well catch up on sleep a little. Lord knows I desperately need it.

Tomorrow, I will finish up the touch ups and paint the crown molding. P removed the bathroom flooring tonight.

Thank God it's Friday tomorrow. This has been one of the longest weeks of my life. A three-day weekend could not have come at a better time.

Oh, and a pregnant bulletin...my left ankle swelled to cankle-size tonight. Nice. I called my doc and she said not to worry about it and just start watching my salt intake and start elevating my feet a little more. Lovely lovely lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home